xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 2.6 Everything Cool/ Than Frag Discription In Post  (Read 102 times)

sapper

• Archived User
2.6 Everything Cool/ Than Frag Discription In Post
« on: January 18, 2005, 07:11:00 PM »

Okay heres the situation. 2.6 CE on a 1.6 (not 1.6b) . Install went well. First try it booted to flashbios and i flashed M8_1.6.  I backed up the hd than unlocked it. I installed an upgraded HD and formated/installed with slayers 2.6 . I FTPed to the xbox and pulled off complete C: and F: drives of the upgraded HDD after it was formated with slayers. Soon after the xbox fan kicked up to high gear and it flashed orange.

I figured i had maybe a bad solder joint. So i took out the mobo and touched a few spots up. I let it sit for awhile than rebooted, this time half way through the flubber it froze. Reinstalled the mobo and a few minutes later only this time thier was no frag but no video/ audio. I rebooted again and was greeted by a flashing red only eject light ( generally an eeprom issue).

So my questions are:

1. why did it run fine for close to 20 minutes than frag?

2.What in the hell happened to the eeprom?

3. why did the system degrade in such a quick manner?

Ive done more installs than i can count but i have never been faced with this. Im sure i can embed the eeprom in cromwell and attemot a recovery but this is frustrating.

sapper

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 09:05:00 AM »

anyone? anything?

ThorPer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 05:03:00 PM »

I've also done quite a few installs, but I recently did a really stupid error.. I didn't hook up the fan when reassembling the box. This gave me red blinks as well...

Dunno (doubt it) if this helps you..