xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Guide: Modding Xbox With The X2.6  (Read 487 times)

nachonut

• Archived User
Guide: Modding Xbox With The X2.6
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2004, 02:01:00 PM »

Ignore everything I just said.. yay.. pointless post

drRAVALOT

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2004, 05:06:00 PM »

d0's a bitch eh

twitch_77

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2004, 07:02:00 PM »

awesome job ocnewb. . .very well done. . .

i'm having a problem. . .i'm hoping someone can help me with it.
i have a v1.6 xbox and i attempted to to solder all the wires, and the pin header onto the motherboard for my x2.6 chip. . .
here's the problem i'm having. . .with the chip enabled the box turns on/off 3 times. . .and on the third time the ejector light starts flashing red/green. . .
with the chip uninstalled, or disabled the box runs just fine. . .(thank god. . .for a little while the box wasn't working at all. . .)
i've tried several things trying to fix this on my own. . .i even re-soldered everything. . .but still the same problem.

here's a question. . .do i need to fix the lpc on top of soldering all wires that came along with the chip?
i got the impression that following the guide ocnewb has up on the x2.6 for a v1.6 box was everything that needed to be done. . .
if i need to fix the lpc still. . .awesome, at least then i still have hope on getting my damn chip to work.

any suggestions or ideas are very much so wanted, and would be greatly appreciated.

thnx.

JediK

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2004, 07:46:00 AM »

QUOTE (cyuzhang21 @ Oct 2 2004, 02:58 PM)
I was under the impression that with the wire install, you didn't have to remove the motherboard....

I thought it was possible to reach the d0 point from the topside?has this changed yet?

On xbox-scene, the tutorial for 2.3 lite says that the power needs to be taken for a usb power adapter or something, as I couldn't find any more recent guides(except for this one), I assumed it was true...is it?

Can you just heat up the lpc points and stab the wires in or do you have to use your own solder?

BTW, Ihave an v1.0 wiht a X2.6 chip

Thanx

I'm pretty sure you don't have to remove the mobo unless you want to connect the lan and hdd wires (i think they connect to a led ??). I'm planning on getting the x2.6 with my v1.0 xbox. I'm also going to just reheat the solder in the lpc ports and then solder in the d0 one on the top of the mobo. I'm not sure about the power question. Hope that helps some. I'm also new to this, so pm me, maybe we can help each other out.

OcnewB

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2004, 08:23:00 AM »

QUOTE (xaner @ Oct 2 2004, 01:00 AM)
Is there a reason why you recommend M8 BIOS for 1.1-1.5 boxes over Xecuter BIOS or is it just a personal preference.

It's just personal. The executor bios will do the job also for the 1.0 - 1.5 bios.
Goodluck

swampfoetus

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2004, 11:28:00 AM »

I've installed a 2.6 in a 1.6 and am finding I can't boot with the chip disabled (FRAG); anyone else had this problem. I know there was a problem with 2.3b modchips fragging when the chip was disabled on a 1.6 but I kind of thought that this would have been resolved with the 2.6?

I already rebuilt the LPC twice to no avail. Would this be symptomatic of a bad LFRAME (D0) or a dodgy LPC?

I can boot the CROMWELL bios with no problem with the chip enabled.

OcnewB

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2004, 05:35:00 AM »

QUOTE (Black2lip @ Oct 2 2004, 06:01 PM)
So is it necessary to solder those yellow, red, black, orange and blue wires on a v1.6 xbox? Since they are not included and also the 'tutorial' from console mod doens't mention soldering those wires?

Why dont you just do exactly what is mentioned and seen on the pictures?
if you do that you have a succesfull modded xbox that wont frag and behaves just like it was an older motherboard and an x2.3b.

It isnt that hard!

marvelous

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2004, 07:37:00 AM »

I installed 2.6 on a version 1.0 fine yesterday.

But today I installed a 2.6 on a Halo 1.5 and it frags when the chip is on.  Boots when I turn the chip off.

Obviously it's the LPC but there's nothing wrong with the LPC.  I desoldered resoldered 3 times already.

Something is definitely wrong with this chip on different versions of xbox.

shwinn

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2004, 02:42:00 PM »

xecuter said that their are 4 wires to solder to have the lpc rebuilt
but consoleworld shows 5 wires...
which one of these are correct?
my xbox is solderd with the 4 points from the xecuter 2.3b lpc rebuild and it works but is that 5th wire important?

bullsonparade

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2004, 04:20:00 PM »

Does the console world guide for the 1.6 xbox include the lpc rebuild. I assume thats what the yellow lines are indicating in the diagram.

I'm having a problem where the xbox boots and the light is green and after a bit goes orange, but stays orange. If i try and open the cdrom tray, the light starts flashing green (just green) and the tray doesn't open. I can't see anything on screen during all of this.

Any pointers ?

pedro

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2004, 10:20:00 PM »

QUOTE (shwinn @ Oct 3 2004, 04:45 PM)
xecuter said that their are 4 wires to solder to have the lpc rebuilt
but consoleworld shows 5 wires...
which one of these are correct?
my xbox is solderd with the 4 points from the xecuter 2.3b lpc rebuild and it works but is that 5th wire important?

the fifth wire is for the xenium chip I think
if you are using an xecture chip, you don tneed it...

pedro

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2004, 10:34:00 PM »

I do have a question though...anyone have a link to a pic showing the wire install...
i mean, I tried to follow the lpc rebuild and adapt it to the wire install...but it only uses four wires and the wire setup has 10...do the others go on the lpc like on the older boards and not require rebuilding?

just a question because I was considering doing the wire instal instead...ive done two pinheader installs and they were both a pain, and I did one wire install...and it was so much easier...

OcnewB

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2004, 02:15:00 AM »

*bump*

runjohan

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2004, 05:20:00 AM »

The black 3.3v wire on the consoleworld pic is not needed on xbox 1.6 and x2.6 chip..

OcnewB

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2004, 08:58:00 AM »

QUOTE (runjohan @ Oct 6 2004, 01:23 PM)
The black 3.3v wire on the consoleworld pic is not needed on xbox 1.6 and x2.6 chip..

Yup true. I found that out also. You can remove that wire.  Ill edit my startpost.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4