xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Installed Linux, Now No F Drive!  (Read 130 times)

aaronic

• Archived User
Installed Linux, Now No F Drive!
« on: December 30, 2006, 01:34:00 AM »

More info:

Boot into default MS Dash and I am able to see all of my save games.  Restart the XBOX and then I can see/use my save games in any actual game that I play but if I FTP into the XBOX I still can't get into F drive and in linux it still only shows the first 5 partitions.

I guess as long as my save games work then I am ok with this but there must be a way to fix it!

h2modmaster

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 10:22:00 AM »

Well, if there is nothing that important on it you could always reformat it. tongue.gif

aaronic

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 09:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(h2modmaster @ Dec 30 2006, 12:29 PM) View Post

Well, if there is nothing that important on it you could always reformat it. tongue.gif

Using xboxhdm?  Would it reset it back to default or just format the F drive?

Sifty

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 02:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(aaronic @ Dec 30 2006, 01:23 AM) View Post

Installed Xebian linux as per these instructions:

http://www.xbox-linu...ki/Xebian_HOWTO

I installed on my E drive but ever since then, my F drive has been completely inaccessible.  My XBOX is softmodded with the 007 method.  I have no idea what to do now or even what to check.  I cannot access my old save games or make new saves.   When I ftp into the XBOX, the F drive says Directory not found.

Someone please help!

Aaron
EDIT: within linux, it shows the following partitions:

hda50
hda51
hda52
hda53
hda54

But it looks like I am missing 55 and 56.  What could have happened to cause this and what can I do to fix it??

Wait did you have the F: partition to begin with, or did it just say that you did on your dashboard, because you more than likely have to format F: