xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Install Xebian To Hd  (Read 62 times)

AbuseTheElderly

• Archived User
Install Xebian To Hd
« on: May 24, 2005, 09:11:00 PM »

depending on how you installed xebian on your xbox will determine which iso u will extract.

If you formatted f for linux then use boot_hdd.iso
If you installed it in E drive then use boot_fatx_e.iso

Just extract the iso and FTP it to your xbox to your apps directory like a normal program.  Should work.  Good luck.

bone135

• Archived User
Install Xebian To Hd
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 09:11:00 AM »

If you are looking to set Xebian up for mythtv their is a install script out their.  It installs xebian to where you want, sets swap file, sets time, configures lirc, sets up your nfs shares, sets analog or digital out, and gets installs mythtv.  I'm sure it does other things but that is all I can think of.  It might be worth a look.  I used it with Xebian v1.1.0 using the .0.4.5-beta scripts.  I tried using Xebian v1.1.3 but it crashed out at the end.  It grabs the latest mythtv packages from the debian repo so your backend has to be at v0.18 now

http://bit.blkbk.com/

Instructions on how to use it are on that site.

fuzzie

• Archived User
Install Xebian To Hd
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005, 07:27:00 PM »

I was wrong, it is not formattted with linux.  It has EvolutionX on it, and I boot linux off a CD right now.  I would like to make the modded dashboard start linux though the app menu choice.
Is that possible?

fuzzie

• Archived User
Install Xebian To Hd
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 11:15:00 PM »

This was an easy solution...so easy it escaped me for some time.
I just extracted the Live CD to the F:\apps directory, now there is a dashboard choice for Linux and it fires up everytime.