xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Frag Problem With Ver 1.4 W/ 2.2lite  (Read 179 times)

mavrick2k

• Archived User
Frag Problem With Ver 1.4 W/ 2.2lite
« on: January 11, 2004, 03:43:00 PM »

alright here is my problem  i have tried to find an answer but can not and the search has been down for the last two days.  to start with i am not a noobie.  i am working on my seventh install of a modchip in an xbox.  all of which have been xecuter 2.2 lite chips and all with the xecuter 4977 bios.
so now i am working on my buddies new xbox,  it is a version 1.4 box.  i did the header pin install.  i get the three boots and then red/green (frag warning).  i have quadruple checked the headers and even dropped the pins down that they are almost flush with the bottom of the mobo and the solder could not be more perfect  so i know that all the points are good there.  soldered the do on the top of the mobo and i have checked the do repeatedly and even checked with a multimeter to see if current was going from the end of the wire to the alt do.  and it is.  still have the problem and i know that it is not a chip or flash prob  cuz i pulled the chip out of my working box and put in his and still no luck.  the chip lights up and gets power and the box will boot up with chip disabled.  i am going crazy and do not know what to do.  does anyone have any sugestions.  thanx in advance.  <

TheMuffinMan

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2004, 04:19:00 PM »

I dunno if it'll change stuff, but i'd try with the d0 on the bottom point, when mine was on the top, the small plastic coating on the point f'd it up and we couldnt get a good enough connection, went to the bottom and no probs since  <

climbinghd

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2004, 04:34:00 PM »

I have the exact same problem.  I have chocked mine up to the fact that the 1.4 bios is not (as far as I've read) compatible with the 2.2 lite bios and I have yet to flash it.  I wonder however if this in an incorrect diagnosis since you apear to havre the same problem with a preflashed chip.

Maybe our d0's are wrong?  <

dsrice

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2004, 05:16:00 PM »

sounds like what happened to mine before I upgraded bios.  Once I used M7 my problems were gone.  <

mavrick2k

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2004, 07:25:00 PM »

well i guess it is possible it could be bios.   not improper flashing  but just incompatable.  i did not think of that.  but then again i have not had this prob   i have the 1.3   and i do not know what version the other boxes were.   never really checked.   i am pretty sure that the do point is good, the multimeter does not really lie.  i will try reflashing with a different bios tommorow.  i will try the m7 bios.  if that does not work  i will resolder using the alt do  just to make sure.  and if none of that works i will be back here.   thanx for the great replys guys.   hope this works.  <

jman33

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2004, 07:58:00 AM »

QUOTE (mavrick2k @ Jan 12 2004, 12:32 AM)
alright here is my problem  i have tried to find an answer but can not and the search has been down for the last two days.  to start with i am not a noobie.  i am working on my seventh install of a modchip in an xbox.  all of which have been xecuter 2.2 lite chips and all with the xecuter 4977 bios.
so now i am working on my buddies new xbox,  it is a version 1.4 box.  i did the header pin install.  i get the three boots and then red/green (frag warning).  i have quadruple checked the headers and even dropped the pins down that they are almost flush with the bottom of the mobo and the solder could not be more perfect  so i know that all the points are good there.  soldered the do on the top of the mobo and i have checked the do repeatedly and even checked with a multimeter to see if current was going from the end of the wire to the alt do.  and it is.  still have the problem and i know that it is not a chip or flash prob  cuz i pulled the chip out of my working box and put in his and still no luck.  the chip lights up and gets power and the box will boot up with chip disabled.  i am going crazy and do not know what to do.  does anyone have any sugestions.  thanx in advance.

problem is your bios.  you need to use the evox m7 or xecuter 4980 (which is their latest) and it will work fine.  also the cromwell 2.27 will fix your problem.   <