xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X2.2 Switch Wiring Tutorial  (Read 242 times)

b_killa

• Archived User
X2.2 Switch Wiring Tutorial
« on: January 28, 2004, 12:29:00 PM »

well I don't quite understand how to make my own switch I lost my original 2.2 pro switch and now I need to use it how would I do this I really only need the mod enabled I won't be using it for live or any of that

bcforn64

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2003, 09:51:00 AM »

No, there's an LED, an enable/disable option and also three other bank switches, all spst

ComputerDude5565

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2003, 09:53:00 AM »

1 for enable/disable 1 for led 4 for switches and 1 extra for looks.  I dont know but call one of the stores mabe they can help

bcforn64

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2003, 12:08:00 PM »

1 extra for looks. I dont know but call one of the stores mabe they can help

1 extra for looks?! What the hell does that mean? Yeah I'm sure the Xecuter team opted to put an extra wire internally for looks.

What store? A mod chip store? Yeah I'm sure they know. Hey, let me call K-Mart and ask someone what's the third level like on Sonic Adventure 2. Obviously they must know they sell them!

Here's a thought don't answer if you do not know, especially with an in-depth answer.

Now if somebody DOES know, can you please post the pinouts? Yes, I have searched, and the search brought up this page. I'm going to go check with the Xecuter team on the official site. I'll post if I get answers.

ComputerDude5565

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2003, 12:55:00 PM »

Ask like system mod or haxbox.net or some one like that they should have a good idea.

HardEight

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2003, 03:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (bcforn64 @ Dec 5 2003, 04:11 AM)
Now I DO NOT have a Xecuter 2.2 Lite, I have an Xecuter 2.2 PRO. That chip has 8 wires coming from the chip to the front board that turns the chip on and off. Has anyone here determined which wire is which on that particular board?

- Thank You

You you want an answer so bad you should just test it yourself like S_Cube.
Get a Voltmeter and voltage and continuity test it with the chip plugged in. I'm sure you will see a pattern very similar to the X2.2 Lite. I don't have a Pro and even if I did I don't think I would want to help someone as rude as yourself, however ComputerDude does seem like a post whore.  

This post has been edited by HardEight: Dec 4 2003, 11:05 PM

bcforn64

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2003, 07:30:00 PM »

I'm sorry, I don't mean to come off as rude, it's just that I get fed up with random posts. Many times I'll ask a question to get a reply "It doesn't matter". I didn't mind computerdude answering so much as his false answers. Such as with the 7 banks, that drained on my sanity, lol. I went over and checked. I thought huh? Then when he posted the whole extra wire thing for looks I just couldn't take it. Also when I post a question like that and it gets answered in way that I didn't mean, it makes me have to go back and post again because people coming in to help may just assume problem solved, I'm not replying.

Sorry guys, peace  :beer: ....for a little bit  :jester: lol I know there has to be other parts of the forum right now in a flame war. :evil:

P.S. I plan to check with the multimeter now, I just didn't want to have to rip apart the wires before I had to.

HardEight

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2003, 09:57:00 PM »

Well Spoken Bfcorn64!
Small tip though you shouldn't have to rip apart any of the wires. When I was testing mine you can stick the multimeter point into the back of the plug (where the wires enter the plug) then find the 5volt wire (I would assume it's on one of the ends, again if the chip is not on, the enable disable lead may float at 5volts, so test for the 5volts with the chip on), then find ground when all the switchs are off. Then you should be able to narrow it down by testing continuity between the ground and each switch by turning them on/off.

Please post your findings here to help others. Cheers

ComputerDude5565

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2003, 07:36:00 AM »

Hey if you find out how make sure to post a turturial on how to do it

bcforn64

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2003, 06:41:00 PM »

Here is the pinout I found for the Xecuter2.2 Pro.On my pinout Pin 1 is closest to the bank switches, pin 8 is right above the LED.

On the switches I will list the voltage that the switch is before grounded. Except for 4 and 5, they don't show a ground. (Read Below)

1.) GND
2.) 5V
3.) 5V > Enable
4.) 3.3 V  > Write Enable (Bridge to 5 to activate)   *UPDATED*
5.) 3.3 V   > Write Enable (Bridge to 4 to activate)   *UPDATED
6.) 3.3V > PIN SWITCH 3
7.) 3.3V > PIN SWITCH 2
8.) 3.3V > PIN SWITCH 1

I'm having a hell of a time finding that protection switch, maybe it's 4 or 5? I will update when I find out.

Update 1: I know the LED doesn't run off of one of the 3.3V lines of 4 and 5 because there is a resistor on the board that reads 5V on one side, and 3V on the other. I know this resistor drives the LED, so that means the LED is running off the 5V line.

Update 2: The Protection switch is not broken, Evox picks up on the protection switch's activation.

Update 3: Alright, so this little theory I had in my head turned out to be correct. To enable write enable, you bridge pins 4 and 5. So DO NOT attempt to ground either 4 or 5.

Let me clearify this a bit, so I won't hear someone say "well I blew up my Xbox, and I followed everything!" I take no responsability if you fry or break anything. I found this information to the best of my ability, and while I'm quite certain that it is correct I still know someone can and will screw it up. OK, so here are the basics:

WIRE 3 + GND      = CHIP ON
WIRE 4 + WIRE 5 = WRITE ENABLE ON
WIRE 6 + GND      = SWITCH 3 ACTIVE
WIRE 7 + GND      = SWITCH 2 ACTIVE
WIRE 8 + GND      = SWITCH 1 ACTIVE

.....WIRE 2 + 220 OHM RESISTOR + SUPER BRIGHT (ASS) LED + GND = ONE BLIND XBOX GAMER......

So if after reading this you still have no clue what wire is wire 2 then clip the wire that you think is wire 2. If the LED goes off then you should be correct, assuming you didn't cut the ground which is the first wire, lol.

This post has been edited by bcforn64: Dec 6 2003, 10:59 AM

bcforn64

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2003, 08:05:00 PM »

I needed this info bacause I am coming up with a custom circuit including a key lock for write enable protection, and a switch to change ring LED colors accordingly.

Blue = Chip On
Green = Chip Off
Red = Write Protection Off

Blue and green will function as regular indicators, operating normally. The Red will function when Write Protection is off and will stay Red until the protection gets switched back on.

Many of you may notice that there are 3 colors there. Well I added another (blue) LED to the Xbox Ring while keeping the origionals. I was going to come up with some fancy way for the Xbox to be able through software to control either the blue, red, or green LED's at will but I need to finish this Xbox.  :D  I've had it taken apart for months (I keep coming up with different ideas that pull me in completely different directions then the last idea).

I will come up with a (slightly) advanced LED status indicator tutorial when I get it done and if I have the time.

bcforn64

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2003, 09:00:00 PM »

Here's a small circuit I came up with (gotta love paint):

http://www.geocities.com/bcforn64/diagram.txt

Follow the link. Yes it is a picture file hidden as a txt file. Gotta love geocities. This forum won't let me display it.

Credit and info on Q2V2 is given to Dazman
Follow this:
http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/amberled.php

Credit on the original mod status mod is given leftyfb
Follow this:
http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/eject-l...-mod-status.php

That circuit is VERY rough. I need to add in a few values. If anybody here is good at electronics then help me out. What kind of diodes do you recommend for what's in the picture? Also I want the the electricity to flow in the direction of the blue arrow, did I draw the diode facing the right direction?

UPDATE: I also came up with this bitchin' idea on how to hide switches 1, 2 and 3 while still having access to them.

This post has been edited by bcforn64: Dec 6 2003, 05:05 AM

netwalkr101

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2003, 08:36:00 AM »

I still am having a hard time figuring out what to do about the led on/off for the lite+.  I just cant find instructions for getting the led to light up when mod is enabled.  Can somebody please provide a tutorial or diagram for 3 external switches and led status for a 2.2 Lite+?   Thanks

This post has been edited by netwalkr101: Dec 11 2003, 04:57 PM

s_cube

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2003, 06:45:00 AM »

people,
   Let me warn you all about hooking the wrong wires to the wrong wires, especially after 420!!   These chips, I've found, like nothing more than to drink 5V until it kills them, which doesn't take that long at all.   This leaves them usless.  Soon off to chip heaven, they will leave you will a very unpleasant odor.
-   DOH! made a boo boo, forgot to reverse my wires on the pinouts I had, and zap, sizzle!  who do I turn to?  I need help, that was an x2.2 lite....they don't make them anymore <sob>...I'm gonna cry.
-    I swore I wouldn't upgrade to the x2.3 because of its lack of need, but now I am down an x2.2lite and am in xecutor withdrawl....  Team X-ecutor, please make me some more 2.2 lites... :(  
-    Oh well, live and learn,  I've got a spare anyways ;)    Why couldn't I have fried a cheapmod tho?

s_cube