xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Problems Fitting Xecuter ?  (Read 415 times)

crewx

• Archived User
Problems Fitting Xecuter ?
« on: August 28, 2002, 05:22:00 AM »

OK all im seeing here are people shouting that the mod doesnt work

to be honest here at Team Xecuter we are astounded. We gave many tests and trials to this design - even gave it to a newbie solderer who fitted it with ease

let me be very clear - if you get red/green flashing lights you have a dry joint - its as simple as that.

Do not try to take out the mod as you will just screw it up more (as if you didnt do it right in the first place - you obviousley dont have many soldering skills - no offence)

Here is the very simple procedure to follow:

1) Use flux on all the points on the pcb and on the mainboard

2) pre tin the points on the mainboard with just a little solder

3) place the pcb in line correctly - and one by one - have solder on the end of your iron then put the end of the soldering iron thru the hole on the pcb thru the mainboard then lift it out. Be careful and neat on each hole.

4) if you get red/green simply go over the holes carefully again

i can sit here and do as many mainboards as you like for as long as you want and they will all work

it seems to me like you are just blobbing some solder in the hole and leaving it at that

of course there are other ways to fit the mod if you can't even do this method. Use wires or use a plug device with pins.

Its all very easy stuff and we're amazed anyone is having trouble.

What we have done is drafted in a couple of guys who tried to fit the mod and had no clue what they were doing (trust me it was obvious if you'd watched them) and we discussed any improvements.

What we have done is made a small adjustment to the pcb design. We should have some pictures next week to show you - but let me say that if you get stuck with this one - then we will give up on the whole thing - as this is the easiest mod we've ever fitted and the majority are saying the same - but to be honest we're sick of unskilled solderes having a bash at it then saying the mod sucks just becuase they cant solder - or dont want to admit that they cant solder

We hope that some of this info helps.

Team X

sfbaymod

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2002, 05:58:00 AM »

agree..     This thing is so well designed and so easy to install ..  that i am "losing money" .. ( I am an installer ) ..    you will be amazed how some of the installs looks that comes in for repairs..  you will laugh so hard that hurts!&#

Riverpatrol

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2002, 06:08:00 AM »

I agree totally, it was a joy to install compared to my friends 29 wire endurance test.

ThX for all your hardwork and I look forward to any of your future mods. biggrin.gif

Could you please spend a moment and read
http://xbox-scene.fxp.info/index.php?act=S...506b72efc01008a

ferrell

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2002, 10:15:00 AM »

I agree! Great product, guys biggrin.gif

Easy to install. Even easy to remove (ahem...if I ever have to unsure.gif) Before really cruising the board and IRC channels, I had no idea there are as many idiots in this world as there seem to be.

hepcat12

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2002, 10:30:00 AM »

Quite frankly, I SUCK at soldering...but I took my time (almost an hour smile.gif ) and used the wire method and it booted on the first try.  

Since then I've changed out the hard drive, copied my games to the HD, and played with some of the homebrew software out there.  The only concern I have is future games and copy protection vs. the lack of a flash-able bios on this chip, but it hasn't affected anything yet.

In short, if I can make it work without a problem, then the chip's fine!  

I say the X-ecuter is a success in my book.  VERY happy with it.  

Thanks guy

ray-ray

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2002, 11:19:00 AM »

i got a question to xecuter.i agree that the holes are easy, but the last soldering point (where you have to solder the wire) is damn hard. ehy do all the people only talk about the holes. the wire-point is the hardest thing to do.
and is even made the last point, but the box still dosnt work [green orange blinking]
i always have this blinking thing. so i tried and tried again...now the sldering point is nearly destroyed and i need some tips how to go on.
for exanmple: when the last solder-point [the one with the wire] is scratched, is it than possible to open the "line" (on which end this point is) and contact the wire there with the mothernboard. or is it imposible to solder somewhere else than exactly on the contact-point?

ferrell

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2002, 01:14:00 PM »

--QuoteBegin-ray-ray+Aug 28 2002, 05:12 PM-->
QUOTE (ray-ray @ Aug 28 2002, 05:12 PM)
i got a question to xecuter.i agree that the holes are easy, but the last soldering point (where you have to solder the wire) is damn hard. ehy do all the people only talk about the holes. the wire-point is the hardest thing to do.
and is even made the last point, but the box still dosnt work [green orange blinking]
i always have this blinking thing. so i tried and tried again...now the sldering point is nearly destroyed and i need some tips how to go on.
for exanmple: when the last solder-point [the one with the wire] is scratched, is it than possible to open the "line" (on which end this point is) and contact the wire there with the mothernboard. or is it imposible to solder somewhere else than exactly on the contact-point?

I used a wire from an old internal SCSI cable I had. Thin enough to slip right inside that little hole (placed it just a mm deep or so). One little blip of solder, and it stuck fine.

kovert

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2002, 02:02:00 PM »

call me crazy but isn't the green/orange blinking have to do with the video cable not working.  My dumb ass found that out when I powered it up, and once I plugged it completely in, everything worked...

Green/Red = BAD...

XcalibEr

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2002, 02:51:00 PM »

thnx for you'r X-ecuter...

i have lot of modding skilles, i moded lots of ps2 with messiah, neo and other chips, i moded lots of ps1, but with xbox i had no luck.

don't know why, even though the xbox is very easy to mod, i had strange simptoms.

i allready posted here and there, about that i moded my first pal xbox with xtender, worked fine for couple of hours and the just died.

i moded the second xbox with messiah-x (another pal ver) , very easy only 30 min install, and the same shit, worked fine without any problem , and after about a hour picture freezed, and after that , NO MORE XBOX.

after 2 days it sarted to work , but only for couple of minuts, the cpu and the other chip with the fan seem to over heat, when i checked it by tach.

don't know what the two xbox died without reson, all soldering point were clean , all tested with multitester.

for the third xbox i used the X-ecuter, worked first time, all promessed feature are working.

THE BEST MOD EVER...........................
gread friendly design, no need for taping it, no need for connectin wires, soldering with a couple of minuts.

DON'T BUY ALL THE SHITTY CHIPS OUT THERE, BUY THE X-ECUTER, AND YOU WOUNT REGRATE.

i have this filling that the first two chips i installed before, have a comptbility problem with some pal ver, that after a while damaging it, or other resons like some xboxs with mod protection (MABey).

hope coul

fahad145

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2002, 02:57:00 PM »

Great, i broked one of the circuits. I was putting solder in my LCP port. All of a sudden, the solder got stuck to those little tiny rectangular chip. It got there by mistake. I try to scratch out the solder immediatly (b/c i don't have Be-braided soldering), and i accidently broke that circuit dry.gif. I turn on my xbox, and guess what?! it still works, and even plays game. laugh.gif

Once i put solder in the lcp port, and ALL of them got stuck together dry.gif!! The xbox STILL worked and played games for hours! I can't believe it, i was lucky for the second time! I even tried to solder my PS2, but solder droped in the circuit by mistake-one stuck to the other-, but the PS2 still worked AND played games too!! I was soo lucky. I think i broke about 3 chips in total!! I still can't believe those system works!!!laugh.gif
QUOTE (ray-ray @ Aug 28 2002, 05:12 PM)
but the box still dosnt work [green orange blinking]

Green/orange blinking only means that the a/v cable isn't pluged into the back of your xbox. if you plug in the av cable it should work perfect or it will blink red/green if something really is wrong (not sure if it has to be plugged into the tv or not)

ray-ray

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2002, 03:40:00 PM »

OKAY GREAT THANKS to all the people who know that a green orange blinking doesnt mean that my box is "over the jordan" (= dead)
thanks, you realy helped me, i just wanted to throw that box out of the window, but now i plugged the video cable in and the box works. (the chip is disabled but thank god it works...)

captain1284

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2002, 03:49:00 PM »

many thanks to the executor team for producing such a great mod
fits perfectly and can be installed with minimum soldering experiance
(and i do mean minimun not none).
ive fitted 5 in the last 4 days and sofar not had any probs.
as the man says it does what it says..

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif