xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Upgrading To Segate Drive Gives Error 13  (Read 366 times)

AkBKukU

• Archived User
Upgrading To Segate Drive Gives Error 13
« on: February 04, 2013, 01:28:00 AM »

I am trying to use a 250 GB 7200 RPM Segate Model# ST3250620A in my Xbox but it returns error 13 when used in the xbox after installing ndure.

Some history on the drive, it was given to me used as a storage drive from a Windows 7 pc. I formated it using Ubuntu because Windows 7 would not allow me to format it as FAT. I then used it as a secondary drive in Windows 98 for several months. I did not try to do anything to it to get around the 137 GB limit. Then I decided to upgrade my Xbox from a 160 GB to the 250 GB.

The 160 GB drive was done using Ndure 3.1 with xboxhdm 1.9 following this tutorial and it worked perfectly. I attempted this same procedure with the 250 GB drive, but it did not work.

I then tried to look up issues with this drive in particular and find that it is  supposed to work well. I did find a post saying that Segate Drives have a DDO. After some research I found that DDO is supposed to make HDD's support OS's that don't work with drives over 137 GB. I attempted to remove any instance of DDO on the drive by following a link in this post to an old copy of Segate DiscWizard software. I put the software on floppy and ran it but the option to remove DDO was unaccessible. I did the quick zero-fill mentioned in the post above the one with the link and repeated the HDD creation steps, but it didn't help.

I then went on to find this set of posts by ldotsfan to setup the drive in Windows. So I did most of the steps but I copied the files from the working 160 GB drive rather than creating new ones. After that it still returned error 13.

I am out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

Info:
Xbox returns error 21 after a very long time when a retail game is in the drive
Xbox is a Model 1.0a
Original softmod done with xboxhdm 1.9 and Ndure 3.1 following this post
Original HDD is WD80EB and works perfectly
160 GB HDD is WD1600BB and works perfectly
EEPROM.BIN was extracted with ConfigMagic Final Xbox v1.6
Using High Definition AV Pack by Microsoft.
The clock capacitor has been removed