xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: B0rked A Softmodded Xbox  (Read 128 times)

Koitsu

• Archived User
B0rked A Softmodded Xbox
« on: October 04, 2011, 12:22:00 AM »

In my defense, it wasn't mine, and we didn't know it was softmodded. My friend thought it had been chipped like mine, and he brought it to me so I could install evolution-x as the main dash...which I did.

It originally had UnleashX as the main dashboard, but I put it aside, renaming it xboxOLD.xbe.

And now it's a softmodded xbox that RRoD's. I can't get it to even read any discs. Any way to get it back to the way it was before without chipping?

Heimdall

• Archived User
B0rked A Softmodded Xbox
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 02:18:00 AM »

RROD is an Xbox 360, not an Xbox 1, and your Xbox is no longer softmodded......

If it was softmodded with a game you could try the game again - the softmod installer gamesave may still be on there, and should give you FTP access to undo the damage. If not then you need to use a post 2004 live-enabled game (Halo 2 or later) to restore the stock 5960 dash, then start the softmod from scratch using the Krayzie 1.1.1 gamesave. Alternatively you can hotswap and use xboxhdm - see the link in my signature (Softmod with hotswap).

If you do manage to re-use the gamesave that's on there, make sure that the very first thing you do is use HeXEn (Google Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc) to replace the very poor softmod that was on the Xbox with Krayzie 1.1.1 or Kingroach NDURE 3.1, both of which prevent noob mistakes from destroying your softmod.

FYI, xboxdash.xbe is very rarely the booting dash, and should never be touched.

Koitsu

• Archived User
B0rked A Softmodded Xbox
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 02:20:00 PM »

Eh, it was bought on ebay, advertised as 'modded.' He had no idea it was softmodded and no idea how.

In my experience (cetainly not with softmodding), some of the first dashes only boot their xboxdash.xbe, and won't accept a evoxdash.xbe. I don't prefer those, but they are what they are.

As said, it won't read any discs. I tried Halo 2, Jade Empire, and KotOR II, and the xbox still goes to the flashing RRoHDD issue, or w/e it needs to be called. Since all the solutions seem to require that not happening, I'm just going to say it requires a chip, if only temporarily.

shambles1980

• Recovered User
B0rked A Softmodded Xbox
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 03:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(Koitsu @ Oct 5 2011, 09:20 PM) View Post

Eh, it was bought on ebay, advertised as 'modded.' He had no idea it was softmodded and no idea how.

In my experience (cetainly not with softmodding), some of the first dashes only boot their xboxdash.xbe, and won't accept a evoxdash.xbe. I don't prefer those, but they are what they are.

As said, it won't read any discs. I tried Halo 2, Jade Empire, and KotOR II, and the xbox still goes to the flashing RRoHDD issue, or w/e it needs to be called. Since all the solutions seem to require that not happening, I'm just going to say it requires a chip, if only temporarily.

Dont you have a eeprom disk?
I dont think its right to sell a softmodded xbox without the eeprom on disk (preferably with xboxhdm)

a hotswap should fix the problem if you dont have the eeprom though. but i dont like that at all.

we usualy say flashing red and green about the xbox "frag" (if its flashing red and green that is)

Heimdall

• Archived User
B0rked A Softmodded Xbox
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 03:28:00 PM »

Temporarily swap the DVD drive from your Xbox to his, then restore the dash and redo the softmod. You can use your modded Xbox to put the Krayzie 1.1.1 gamesaves onto the memory unit (FTP and the file manager), then do the gamesave softmod, then swap the DVD drives back again.