xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xboxhdm/ Ndure - Messed Up Dash Boot Files! Noooooooo Come Get Som  (Read 98 times)

Heimdall

• Archived User

Try hotswapping to a PC running Windows, and use Xplorer360 beta 6 to get access to the drive to repair the files.

If you can't get hotswap to work then borrow an Xbox DVD drive from a friend, and use HeXEn (Google Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc) as the boot disc, because as well as giving you FTP access it is designed with tools to help fix your softmodded Xbox. Instead of FTP, use HeXEn to reinstall the softmod (Kingroach or Krayzie, your choice), and to install XBMC, and to switch to XBMC as your dash.

If that isn't possible then buy or build an eeprom reader and use the eeprom and xboxhdm to unlock and lock the drive.

biochemnola

• Archived User
Xboxhdm/ Ndure - Messed Up Dash Boot Files! Noooooooo Come Get Som
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 01:01:00 PM »

Cool, thanks! I just saw that someone is selling a working xbox console for $15. I think I'm going to try to buy it and switch the optical drives out and use that disc to FTP, or the tools as suggested .

As far as the Windows goes...I only have Linux so I can't really do that. I might be able to hotswap into Linux and access the files via bash terminal.

Thanks a lot for your help. I'll see what kind of progress I can make on it today.