xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can't Get Eeprom! Need Help!  (Read 30 times)

shortskimper

• Archived User
Can't Get Eeprom! Need Help!
« on: August 07, 2007, 05:33:00 PM »

hi guys, i've read everything. i've modded my xbox with evox+ndure. i've tried everything to get the eeprom off this drive and it just won't have it. i've even went as far as to download slayers and trying backing up to c drive. i click the backup and then it says backing up:) but then...nothing happens no backup no nothing. i've checked the drive via ftp. and there is no eeprom even though it says backing up. i'm stuck i want the eeprom to use a bigger hd! AHHHHH!!!!! help!

and another thing. where the hell do i put configmagic in order for it to run!!!!!! in the tut it says install it...but where!!!!! please don't flame i've been reading this forum for days trying to figure this out but to no avail!

blondguyg

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 07:25:00 PM »

you can just put the configmagic folder in your apps folder and run it from there. There really is nothing to install other than putting it onto your xbox hd or i suppose you could load it from cd/dvd

shortskimper

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 08:27:00 PM »

thanks a bunch. i got it to work. backed up the eeprom.bin. burned it to cd and am in the process o cloning it. making a new f drive on the bigger hd and than lockin it and throwing it back in! i think i might get it to work tonight i'm so excited!!!!

smdtherock

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 09:47:00 PM »

I have a similar problem. I softmodded my xbox with ndure and i got it to work but i cannot find my eeprom. i pressed backup in config magic and when i put the backup on cd it did not find it. also is it possible to delete your eeprom by accident?

is the code at the bottom of configmagic where it says locked or unlocked the hdd code?

obcd

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 02:23:00 AM »

Hi,

you should consider 2 things.

1. The ndure softmod creates a shadowc drives and fills up the original c drive. That way, it becomes difficult for a game to update the dash and screw the softmod. So, it is possible that your backup is on the shadow drive and it is possible that it can't store the backup on the c drive (because it is full)

You can put it on a floppy if your pc still has a floppy drive.

2. Xboxhdm expects the eeprom.bin file to be in the e:\backup folder. You could put it in the eeprom folder as well. That could be the reason why xboxhdm says that it can't find the eeprom.bin file.

3. The Ndure softmod installs a Evox version on your E partition (apps folder) for the purpose of backing up your eeprom. (It depends upon the settings you selected.) Look for the ndts folder in your e partition and start the default.xbe there. The Unleashx that will come up has a backup option that will start the evox dashboard. The backup option of that one will backup your eeprom. Your shadow c drive and virtual eeprom will be disabled when you do it that way.

regards.

regards.

shortskimper

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 06:35:00 PM »

thanks alot man. and smd. o had that same problem but i found out why when you use the backed up eeprom from config magic you have to rename it to eeprom.bin (no caps and no word saying backup) hope that helps. remember rename it to eeprom.bin   and it has to be in the eeprom folder in the linux folder. then it should work. hit me back and tell me if you have it working.

See ya

smdtherock

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2020, 09:54:00 PM »

yeah the reason why it didn't work is because it was in caps

thnx all

ryanmiller09

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 01:32:00 PM »

The configmagic program did me no favor in aiding the eeprom problem I was having.  If you are using Ndure getting your eeprom is cake.  Just run Evox under your starting Dashboard and it will backup your eeprom for you.  Once you have backed up your eeprom, FTP to the folder and move that backup file to your eeprom folder and make a new disk image.  Its cake once you know how (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

~milla