xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Please Help Me  (Read 31 times)

satinsilverk20a2

• Archived User
Please Help Me
« on: September 22, 2006, 11:43:00 AM »

i did a ndure install on my buddys box, and something went wrong

i had backed up before i did anything so i tried to use the restore but it said restore not found WTF.

so me being stupid and not having slayer disk ect yet, i formatted the partition and tried to restore from scratch and it didnt work.

since i was never able to even access FTP I went and found a tutorial on how to restore a drive without eerpom.

the tutorial wanted me to get a copy of MSDASH from slayer without eerpom and i was able to unlock the drive but when i get to the restore from scratch i get an error that says something about no table found, do not restart until you have a working xbox drive.

there has to be a damn way to re-write the partition onto the drive. howwwwww!!

I had my xbox working great with a clean install using NDURE and my backed up eerpom, and i searched for a way to fix my friends. I found a tutorial that said to use SLAYER and unlock my drive, pull it out, and pop it in his. Stupid thing gave me a lock error code and I was like WTF lol. I realized then I couldn't even boot with my own fucking xbox and I hotswapped it to the pc and used the tools in XBOXHD to re-lock it using the code I had with my EEPROM file. Well it locked it and gave me a code to use incase it was locked incorrectly?

I throw it in my box all excited and it fucking didnt work. So i put it back in the pc, and used the tools to unlock it. But no matter what I do it doesnt unlock. I figured ok well maybe it is and im jsut a moron and cant read code well.

So i go into the hdlock tool and try to lock auto using the eerpom and it tells me it must be unlocked first. LOL WTF. the auto tool on unlockhd doesnt work, it gives a code, and scans the drive, but when it completes it says the security IS enabled.

This drive doesnt really matter, cause at that point i was pissed and swapped in a 40gb hd i had laying around and it works golden.

this drive doesnt really matter, but if you have any input i'de appreciate it.

I really need to get my friends box working again though, I've read about buying EEPROM's but i dont think it matters cause I am not able to write to the disk cause there is no partition or something. Idk, it sounds like I might need a modchip, and if so whats the cheapest one that will fix this problem.

if i am supposedly able to restore this drive without EEPROM then why can't I.