xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Sooooo 50 Bucks Wasted?  (Read 106 times)

oisuxx

• Archived User
Sooooo 50 Bucks Wasted?
« on: December 24, 2004, 02:36:00 AM »

bought this chip about 1 1/2 months ago. still cant flash it. is anyone at DMS gonna release a WORKING 1.5 flash program or what?

one would think with the success of the regular Xbit chips they would atleast help out or respond. christ, the website isnt even fully operational. COME ON!

i emailed them twice already in reguards to the flash program, and havent gotten a response yet.

something tells me if they dont wake up and fix the errors, they are gonna have one BAD reputation.....well one thats ALOT worse then it already is. all the posts in this forum are 90% negative.......

from now on its xcutnr's and tsop flashes for me....

thank you dms for taking my money   :grr:

Silentscream__

• Archived User
Sooooo 50 Bucks Wasted?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2004, 07:49:00 AM »

You should have returned it to the place you bought it from. Its a bit late now obviously. Have you tried flashing it on a different PC?

oisuxx

• Archived User
Sooooo 50 Bucks Wasted?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2004, 07:59:00 AM »

flashed it with 6 diffrent pcs

running diffrent OS's

none of the 1.5 software worked.

Silentscream__

• Archived User
Sooooo 50 Bucks Wasted?
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2004, 01:16:00 PM »

what was the error message?

hogfan

• Archived User
Sooooo 50 Bucks Wasted?
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 10:53:00 AM »

Try flashing the chip with a Notebook PC.  DMS has an issue with the USB chipsets on PCs.  For some reason this is not a problem with notebooks.  Try to flash with a notebook.  That' what I had to do. Once flashed, the X.B.I.T. is a great chip.

hogfan

• Archived User
Sooooo 50 Bucks Wasted?
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2004, 11:33:00 AM »

Where are you located?  If you like, you can mail the chip to me and I will flash it for you with whatever bios you want (I recommend Xecuter2 4983.06).  All I ask is that you send return postage with it.   I have flashed successfully twice.  If you are interested in doing this then send me a PM with your info and I'll give you my address.    If I can't get it to flash either, then all it has cost you is the cost of shipping the chip.  Just let me know.  I'll flash it the day it gets to me and send it out the same day or the next depending on the time.    I can also load multiple bios if that's what you want.