xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Succesful Xbit Stealthmode  (Read 122 times)

xtctaz

• Archived User
Succesful Xbit Stealthmode
« on: November 16, 2004, 02:47:00 PM »

I wanted to start a thread where users can post stuff about their succesful XBIt stealth ops..

ANyone yet? Tell us what you did.... also mention if u have the retail or upgraded HDD...

cheers,
taz

DougESex

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 08:01:00 PM »

I KNOW THE REASON!  It's interference!

You can't mount the USB board near the video output!

Used the power switch resistor method, and wired. (Simple)

Most of us don't want an install with an external board that WILL eventually be damaged.  This leaves us locating a place to mount it internally.  Route the wires through the vents like diagrams show.  Now place the board in the top front left corner of the console between the plastic and metal.  Align it so the cover, when placed on the box will glide between the dips and the usb.

Successful STM!

realzeit

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 02:45:00 PM »

which version of the xbit, 1.0 or 1.5 do you use?
i had no luck with my 1.5 (tried both methods, dip switch and diode).
i also wanted to flash an original bios to the xbit, but even this not worked ;-(
greetings

ReN3G@dE

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 12:35:00 AM »

well i bought mine like about a year so,,,, and i mounted my external board on top of the video ouputs,, screwed down,,, and the yellow and black wires are comming out from the bottom left. imm not worried about the wired being damaged because i dont close my case completly so it gives room for the wires to treval through. i also have a suscesfull STM.....

ReN3G@dE

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004, 12:38:00 AM »

(tried both methods, dip switch and diode

personally i dont like ot flip the dip switches back and forth to turn my chip off and on al the item because as many of us know that switches are very small and you requir a pin or a needle to flip it so eventially after noticing that my switches are being warn off by all the flipping i had done i emmediatly went with the STM methode of turning the chip on and off. for one its alot easier, more convienient, and dont risk damaging the external board........

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2004, 02:14:00 AM »

QUOTE (xtctaz @ Nov 16 2004, 10:19 PM)
I wanted to start a thread where users can post stuff about their succesful XBIt stealth ops..

ANyone yet? Tell us what you did.... also mention if u have the retail or upgraded HDD...

cheers,
taz

You know you can't go on Live with it right?