xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bios Will Flash But Won't Load  (Read 95 times)

shinjiwolf

• Archived User
Bios Will Flash But Won't Load
« on: November 12, 2004, 05:00:00 PM »

I have a v1.2 or v1.3 XBox and a v1.5 XBit chip, after finding a computer that would use the correct flash software I managed to flash the bios. XBox won't boot anything but the original setup,  it's like the chip isn't even there although the green LED shows that the chip does have power. I tried doubling a 256k bios to 512 in an attempt to use bank 1 but it's still not having an effect when I turn the console on. Any ideas on what I've not done?

i800phyco

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2004, 05:45:00 PM »

if the dip switch setting are wrong it will do that i've had the same

shinjiwolf

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2004, 06:38:00 AM »

Switch settings are right. I've put several bioses on the chip and tried the switch settings for all of them, but still nothing.

TonyP07

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2004, 03:10:00 PM »

I had the same problem when I modded my xbox, and i am currently having the same problem with my friends.

My Original Solution: I went to bed, woke up the next morning, and the BIOS worked.

....I dont think that will happen again, but I would like to know the solution.

RickJamesBeeoch

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 10:58:00 AM »

sounds like a seating problem,I have said this in a number of posts,but once you clean the d0 the chip should work fine, if the dip switches are set correctly

Ba33a

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2004, 01:14:00 AM »

yes, my  friend and i have this exact same problem, flashed the chip correctly, when i turn the xbox on the green light is on but it still only loads the original bios, anyone know why this is so or can tell me how to fix it?

warrior15r

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2004, 03:11:00 AM »

Same problem. Anyone have a solution yet?

Miketike2

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2004, 04:36:00 PM »

well i want to load and install evolution dashboard i flashed my bios 3 with the evox m8 bios and than installed it in the xbox if u are haveing trouble keepign it in place when the pins are in place push down on the chip than screw it in than take tape and tape the end that sticks up works great for me used the paper tape only problem is that when i turn on the chip the green light lights up but im not sure what suppose to happen i have the evolution dash on a cd rw and i put the cd in it loads up than the x coms up as if its loading than 1 minut later it says xbox cannot reconigize this cd? so whats going on!