xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Flashing Error  (Read 122 times)

Layser

• Archived User
Flashing Error
« on: October 25, 2004, 02:47:00 PM »

Hello. Friend sorted my xbox with a chip back in January, but i needed to change the bios so i can tell it to not check for the cd drive. so i tried to re-flash the chip with the new bios. Using the 1.5 software, press format... says format started, then nothing at all. click erase and it erases them then complains about an Overflow error. Try writing and it erases them all, then says write cancelled. Really really confused as i don't really know how the software works, but if someone could help then Thanks.

v1.5 software (winXp), v1.5 chip (windows xp system)

Silentscream__

• Archived User
Flashing Error
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 03:15:00 PM »

you sure its a 1.5 chip? i thought the 1.5 chips were only released recently, i bought an xbit back in january and it was a 1.0 try flashing with the old version software.

Layser

• Archived User
Flashing Error
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 02:23:00 AM »

It could be, I tried with the old software, that just kept crashing.
Erasing banks 1,2,3....... ect. Stopped responding all the time. Had more success with the 1.5 software, well got further than i did with the old stuff...
The bios has been deleted now, as when i turn it on nothing happens. So all i think i need to do is flash a new bios onto it, but without it trying to erase then crashing.

Can anyone talk me through steps of flashing, like what should happen or if anyone knows about my problem please.

Sorry about the Noobie questions aswel guys. Thanks for the help :beer:

Silentscream__

• Archived User
Flashing Error
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 04:50:00 AM »

when you were using the old software, did you ever put the window in the bcackground? that could be causing the problem, because the software always crashes if it is not on top of all other windows.

Layser

• Archived User
Flashing Error
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 07:36:00 AM »

Yeh i think i did. I usually leave other programs running at the same time. I'll leave everything off and let it have a go, cheers again.

EDIT: Ok, what its doing... Connect the chip, Load up the software, connect (no errors) then format, warning. Ok, select bank, Ok... 1,2,3... 3 is the highest i got to. then i noticed the light on the X-bit turns off? is that anything? seems like its loosing connection in some way.

This post has been edited by Layser on Oct 26 2004, 02:50 PM

Layser

• Archived User
Flashing Error
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 03:43:00 PM »

right then. connect to it (made sure windows wasn't installing it as a usb mouse). so connected, Write to the bank i want... goes and erases all bits then just when it finished erasing, it says (write cancelled)? can anyone please help with this, had it for a few days now and i would like to use the xbox. :beer: