xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Problem Using Xbit 1.0 On 1.6 Box  (Read 73 times)

joebob2000

• Archived User
Problem Using Xbit 1.0 On 1.6 Box
« on: October 10, 2004, 11:41:00 AM »

I have posted a few inquiries about this before and noone seems to have any idea whats up, so i am asking here.  

I have a new 1.6 box that works great without the chip installed, and works great with the chip installed and disabled (disconnected d0 and lad0).  With the chip enabled, it seens to work great but most games will have minor glitches.  Some are video errors (garbled/grey polygons all over the place) and some are video and eventually lockup errors.  Some games simply refuse to load at all.  With any game, the performance is always the same wether running from the original or from the HDD.

I have tried the evox M8 and the M8_16 bios, and strangely they both behave exactly the same way.  Can anyone offer ideas as to what the issue is here?  The chip?  The bios?  The box?  I am stumped.  I don't have another box to test the chip on but it could possibly be arranged if that would be useful.

joebob2000

• Archived User
Problem Using Xbit 1.0 On 1.6 Box
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 02:41:00 PM »

b to the izzump.  i tried retouching all solder points and installed larger wires for the lpc mod, no noticeable effect on behavior.  I am starting to suspect the chip since noone else has seen this issue before, and i know it has a bad pinheader mount so it could be leading to other problems.