xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Losing Connection Need Help  (Read 101 times)

KBOOM36

• Archived User
Losing Connection Need Help
« on: March 28, 2004, 05:45:00 PM »

Hi i need help, i put the xbit chip in my box and it will let me play all my back ups and when i connect to it using flash fxp it does connect erratically sometimes first try and other times it takes a couple of tries however after i have connected i place the game to be backed up into the drive and when it starts to load up i lose my connection and the only way to get it back is to remove the game from the drive and reconnect without it. Please can someone tell me whats going on ?. I even took the chip out and placed it back into position hoping that maybe this would help.

Xerium

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 03:37:00 PM »

Download the newest version of XBCopy from Xbins if you need help with conneting to Xbins PM me

KBOOM36

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 06:03:00 PM »

I figured out my problem. It was the evolution x that was giving me problems, as soon as i changed the ini file option for auto launch game from ;)  (YES) to (NO) everthing went as it should. Thanks for your help all the same.

ChrisF

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 02:47:00 PM »

The issue is that Evox is an FTP server while most other programs are not (XBMP/XBMC is).  If Evox isn't running (i.e. launching or playing a game), there is not FTP.

kovar

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2004, 11:14:00 AM »

Is it possible to access the games files while booting the dashboard from DVD?  In other words, can I use a the Evox Boot disk and then after it's loaded eject it and insert my game to copy?  Or does Evox have to be installed on the HD before copying my games?