xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Matrix Contac Problem  (Read 99 times)

Wesly

• Archived User
Matrix Contac Problem
« on: April 05, 2005, 08:04:00 AM »

I have an old-skool solderless Xodus Matrix chip and i got it working correctly in my V1.1 Xbox for a long time except for one problem.

At installation the chip wasn't making good connection with the LPC points (a problem well known with the V1.1 Xbox). As suggested on this forum i made some solderballs/nails which i dropped in the LPC holes (kind of like nails with a ball as head so it doesn't fall through the points) and the chip was making good connection with the LPC since then.

CODE

nails with a ball as head so it doesn't fall through the LPC points:

o
 |

But since the balls make the placement of the chip a bit higher at the LPC points the connection with the D0 point isn't very tight anymore. It doesn't even make good connection with the D0 (though it clearly touches the D0) unless i press really hard on the D0 end of the chip.
I make a construction with a pen which i placed betweeen the chip pointing to D0 and the DVD-ROM and this worked for a long time untill the construction recently failed when moving the xbox (the pen was moved slightly and not pressing the chip on the D0 point anymore).

Are there any suggestions to solve this D0 connection problem in a more elegant way besides soldering the chip  or buying a new chip/xbox?

Thanks! <