xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Chameleon Quit  (Read 155 times)

Dromio

• Archived User
Chameleon Quit
« on: December 13, 2004, 02:39:00 PM »

My Chameleon quit working the other day.  I expect the issue is a bad/loose connection somewhere, but I'm unsure which one it would be.

It is installed using a pin header.  Currently, the xbox boots as if there were no chip installed at all.

Any troubleshooting tips?

Exzir

• Archived User
Chameleon Quit
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 03:45:00 AM »

Yea I would double check the d0 connection.  And honestly I had the exact same problem three weeks ago.  My d0 connection was bad.  I just unsoldered it and got a new wire and resoldered it.  I think the wire I used at the time was a good wire but honestly it was some cheap wire I got off of ebay.  I now use an old 80 pin ide cable sire.

Dromio

• Archived User
Chameleon Quit
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 08:42:00 AM »

Thank you for the suggestion, I'll give it a shot tonight.

Dromio

• Archived User
Chameleon Quit
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 07:56:00 PM »

If I remove the d0 from the chameleon and ground it to the chassis, the xbox FRAGs (which I take as a good sign).  If I re-attach it to the chameleon and put the chameleon on the pin-header, the xbox boots as if there were no mod chip.  

I accidently put the chameleon on the pin-header improperly and this caused the xbox to FRAG as well.  As long as the chameleon is on the pin-header correctly, the xbox boots normally.

Could the chameleon be dead?  Am I missing anything?

Help, I miss xbmc :(

Exzir

• Archived User
Chameleon Quit
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2004, 03:58:00 AM »

Well I wonder if you thin it is booting up with out a mod installed becuase you do not se your evox comeing up.  I would venture to say I think it might be working becuase if you have the d0 connection installed on it and the chameleon is bad then there would be absint of lights comeing on and I am almost sure it will frag your box when they go bad.  I would try to boot up a slayers disc 2.6 and then a 2.1 just to see if the bios is on there but your dash is not.

Exzir

• Archived User
Chameleon Quit
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2004, 03:59:00 AM »

Plus I think you might have fried your onboard bios with grounding the d0 but not 100% sure see of you remove everything and it still boots.

Dromio

• Archived User
Chameleon Quit
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2004, 08:10:00 AM »

It currently boots the MS bios (my I was using XECUTOR), and loads the MS Dash.  It will not run an Evox DVD or any other burned disc, but will run my store-bought games fine.  The blue LED on the chameleon is not lit.  It's as if the chameleon doesn't exist at all.

This post has been edited by Dromio: Dec 15 2004, 04:11 PM

Exzir

• Archived User
Chameleon Quit
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2004, 02:12:00 PM »

Ok I guess it is broken then if the lits are not comeing up then I can only venture to say the power is not getting to the d0 intercepter and so you mod is broken.

Dromio

• Archived User
Chameleon Quit
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2004, 05:55:00 PM »

If the chip is bad, what's an easy one to replace it with?  Hopefully something cheap that will just fit on the same pin header that I already have in there.  I didn't even use the advanced features of the chameleon.

This post has been edited by Dromio: Dec 18 2004, 01:55 AM

Exzir

• Archived User
Chameleon Quit
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2004, 10:50:00 PM »

Try the www.aladdin-live.com chip they will use the same pin header with one wire o solder.  You can also hook up the eject and power button incase you ever want to turn it off.