xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Flash Cheapmod After Booting Lpc Mod (chameleon)  (Read 128 times)

frontlinep8tbal

• Archived User
Flash Cheapmod After Booting Lpc Mod (chameleon)
« on: November 29, 2004, 09:00:00 PM »

Heres the deal, I have an old matrix programmer that is acting buggy with my windows xp (checked ecp,battery, etc.)  Used to work for the last two years, but having issues with the programmer.  So, next thought was to try wiring in the chameleon and cheapmod (sst self wired) at the same time.  Boot the chameleon, disable (cut wiring, one by one) the chameleon, and then enable the cheapmod by grounding pin 9 and d0 to ground (reminder, this is a v1.3 machine conexant chip).

The problem I have is that the sst blank chip is not reconized with evox (I have reflashed other sst chips prior in evox with no problem)  after the forementioned is done.  I know that the cpld emulates the lframe of the chameleon, could this be affecting the operation of switching to the cheapmod which is dependent on the lframe on the mcpx or is the lpc point 7 all that is needed to wire to the point 7 on the sst chip since the cpld already emulated the lframe??

Posting identical post in the cheapmod section also

Thanks for any info.  FRANK

Exzir

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 03:53:00 AM »

Hey to get the programer to work you might need to rechange your printer port mode to ECP and not EPP.  EPP will not always work and I thing that is why your haveing issues.  EPP is for and enhanced printer port where ECP is for enhanced comunication port.  There is a differance in the two ports due to the fact that a ECP port has a DMA and a EPP does not have direct memory accesses.  To change the printer mode you need to do so in the bios of your computer.  Next question would be this.

If your tring to flash your cheapmod with the programer then it also might be the type of memory chip that sst chip is useing.  It could be a newer chip and require a different code to flash it.  I think that the evox is not able to detect it might be a good indecation of the fact the new sst chip or different sst chip that is being used might need a new rom= in evox.

frontlinep8tbal

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 06:53:00 PM »

the programmer worked prior to this weekend.  No settings were changed, I use the usb port for power,  I need information on getting the sst chip flashed after booting the chameleon.  Thanks for your input though