xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Your Help Badly Ono This One....  (Read 202 times)

_SCaRfaCe

• Archived User
Need Your Help Badly Ono This One....
« on: October 17, 2003, 07:19:00 AM »

Hey i followed the tutorial by Lord Alderon "The Simple Bert And Ernie Tutorial, Using the Phoenix Bios Hack!" (http://forums.xbox-s...ST&f=45&t=79052) word for word, letter for letter and now when i boot up my console (NTSC V 1.5) right after the xbox logo is displayed it goes directly to the "xbox need service" screen and the led on the front of the console flashes red and green.  what have i done? someone help me please.

Note: I used the following files for the exploit:

Signed_Phoenix_Bios_1.3.rar
Bert_and_Ernie_Reloaded.tgz

I have also had the system updated via xbox live before attempting all of this.

What else can I add.... Oh... 2 things of interest... 1: when i was modifying the fonts Xbox.xbf and Xbox Book.xbf i noticed that there was a copy of them in the System folder (which i didn't touch) as well as the SystemFonts folder (which i changed the extension to.) And 2: When inserting all the extracted files from the Phoenix loader into the System folder i noticed that there were no files there to overwrite. There was a file called "xboxdash.xbe" and a few other corrupted-looking files and folders. I did not touch these. Hope this helps.

Update: I got the HD to unlock and be recognized in windows (rememeber, im not using any modchips here) by booting an orignal (Enter The Matrix). However, once i got back into HDD_Driver i got infinite "invalid filesize" errors. After clicking through those for about 5 min i realized i still had access to the main window of the program itself and decided to restore the backup i had done earlier from my PC HDD. After that was done i connected the Xbox back together and now it gives me an error 21.

OK Here it goes: I get an ERROR 21. I have not modified any bios or eeprom or anything else for that matter-EXCEPT THE XBOX HDD-in my console. All i want is to be able to get my HDD back to its orignal state. I have a backup image made and all i have to work with is some soldering equipment (experience in that field) and my PC. Any tips/suggestions? I've read all the tutorials btw.

System Specs:
RETAIL NTSC V1.5
no hardware added or bioses/eeproms changed
blink.gif

_SCaRfaCe

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 07:36:00 AM »

QUOTE (PooN @ Oct 17 2003, 04:30 PM)
I have also had the system updated via xbox live before attempting all of this.

You don't happen to have the new Live 2.0 dash do you?  Cuz, as far as I know, no exploits work with live 2.0.

There is a tutorial on how to get your old dash back, but you will need a back up of your old dash.

--PooN

I think I just may because I recently updated the console about a week ago and like I said, i followed that tutorial word for word.  Could u link me up with that tutorial please.

Thanks man.

_SCaRfaCe

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2003, 07:47:00 AM »

QUOTE (PooN @ Oct 17 2003, 04:45 PM)
Well, if you look in the main area of the dashboard exploit forum, at the top where topics are pinned.  You can click tutorial and find the right tutorial along with other tutorials.  Now did you update your dash through xbox live or throuh an xbox live game.  There is a BIG difference.

--PooN

edit
its not in the tutorial section.  It's in a harder place at the top.  The topic is live 2.0 solution or something.

through xbox live.... that a bad thing?

_SCaRfaCe

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2003, 08:00:00 AM »

QUOTE (PooN @ Oct 17 2003, 04:49 PM)
ok, do you have a back up of your xbox C drive?  If so, check that tutorial out.  It is very easy, aslong as you have your backup.  You do, right?

--PooN

yes... but i cant find that tutorial

hey.. also... (if you know)... should i flash my TSOP with.. lets say... Executer 4987 or sumthin.. would that change a lot?

_SCaRfaCe

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2003, 08:09:00 AM »

QUOTE (PooN @ Oct 17 2003, 05:02 PM)
Cmon man!  Heres the name of it. "Audio Exploit Solution For 2.0"
Click back and look at the topic at the top of the page.  It says its for audio, but it will work with your fonts  aswell..

--PooN

lol that wont help me man... that tut is assuming ur xbox is operational... mine isnt.

_SCaRfaCe

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2003, 08:21:00 AM »

QUOTE (PooN @ Oct 17 2003, 05:11 PM)
Have you tried booting a retail game?   You can use hddriver, but there is another tutorial to get that working porperly as well..

--PooN

edit
Do you have MA or 007?

sorry for the slow reply.. yes i tried booting Enter the Matrix (Orignal) and it recognizes it as authentic but then still goes to Error 21.

No I don't have MA, OO7 sad.gif

_SCaRfaCe

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2003, 08:42:00 AM »

QUOTE (PooN @ Oct 17 2003, 05:40 PM)
sad to say, you must use hdddriver.  Look for the tutorial and youll have to swap files that way.

--PooN

yes but to do that i need to unlock my xbox hdd.  how do i do this if even retail games won't boot... it goes to error 21 on anything.  will the hdd unlock at some point if i leave it on for 5-10 even if the "service required" screen shows?

PooN

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2003, 08:59:00 AM »

well, you did say you made a back up of your C folder.  So I would guess that you also did the back up function through evox.  With those files you can get your hdd password and unlock your hdd.

--PooN

_SCaRfaCe

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2003, 09:02:00 AM »

QUOTE (stanneh @ Oct 17 2003, 05:58 PM)
boot a linux disk one of those ones that wont install anything and will boot in an unmodded xbox

this way it will unlock the hard drive and enable hot swop.

lol where do i get one of these linux discs and how exactly would i boot it if even retail games go error 21 on me? please bare with me.

ALSO... what if i replaced the bios would that help (aka get Xbit or Xecuter possibly flashed with the M7 bios from evoX)?  I say this because (call me stupid here) its the orignal TSOP bios that's givin me the error 21 If I'm correct.

Xbox NTSC V1.5 virgin (fucked around with the harddrive though)

_SCaRfaCe

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2003, 09:33:00 AM »

Update:  I popped in an audio CD instead of a retail game and instead of error 21 i ended up with an error 13 which--in the error codes expalined tutorial--possibly means a bad or missing "key."  What key would that be?  And how do i get it back/reset it?