xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Clock Loop.  (Read 228 times)

afon

• Archived User
Clock Loop.
« on: August 24, 2003, 05:53:00 PM »

put in the biggest audio cd you can find thats scratched, plug in the cat5 cable in the back of the box, and while its booting unlplug the AV cord. If anyone can think of anything to lag the bootup more, enlighten me.

talkingwires

• Archived User
Clock Loop.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2003, 10:15:00 AM »

I've heard that hitting Eject just before the MS logo pops up under the flubber animation sometimes works....

elliott27

• Archived User
Clock Loop.
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2003, 10:40:00 AM »

I appreciate all of the suggestions.  No luck yet though.

Sidewinder007z

• Archived User
Clock Loop.
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2003, 07:11:00 PM »

I think its all got to do with some Xboxes are more susceptible than others.

My Xbox seems to do the loop thingy if I unplug for even 2 or three minutes.
It always comes out though.  Usually within 2 to 4 reboots.

Another XBox I did for a friend never loops.  It has the exact same contents on the HD
as mine.  I cloned my contents onto his.  I can leave his unplugged for days at a time,
and it NEVER loops.  Always goes right to the Phoenix screen.  I do know that his is
a new manufacture date than mine.

I have a 120 GIG HD in my Xbox.  I left the original 8Gig HD untouched.  
So I figure if I ever do get to the loop and cant get out, I'll just reattach
the original, set the time and then switch back.  I'm looking into making
a switch so I can do it easier.

Hope you get it going.

karak

• Archived User
Clock Loop.
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2003, 08:43:00 PM »

I have no idea why this would matter but one time we had to let the xbox sit for hours to reset and go back to evox.  Afterwards we loaded some games on the harddrive so it had almost no room left.  Now if the clock ever glitches it takes like 2 seconds to stop looping...wierd.  

Update:  Same exact thing just happened on mine...I don't understand why the contents of the drive matter...

elliott27

• Archived User
Clock Loop.
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2003, 04:18:00 AM »

I have let the loop go until I get a black screen an dthe lights on the front o the xbox are flashing red and orange.  I have tried this a few times.  If I attach a different hard drive to it will I be able to set the clock and then put the old one back in?

Crossface

• Archived User
Clock Loop.
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2003, 04:23:00 PM »

I have pulled my friends xbox out of the loop three seperate times.  He left it unplugged overnight due to extrenuating circumstances.  When he turned it on in the morning it was looping.  He brought it to my house and i inserted a somewhat scratched (not burned, an original) audio cd and made sure the ethernet was already plugged in.  Started up the xbox and when the xbox logo started to come up under the "flubber" animation i started to eject and re-insert the cd drawer and uplug and plug in the ethernet cable.  It booted right up with the pheonix logo and onto evox where i replaced his old font exploit with the bert and ernie reloaded.  No problems since.

NME

• Archived User
Clock Loop.
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2003, 06:04:00 AM »

i worked out my mates xbox was off for 2 days and iver been trying for an hour to get it out of the loop ive done pluging in and out the ftp cable and ejecting the cd and putting it back in also pluging out the mains for a few mins and pluging back in still dont work. Im leaveing it on for now so its just looping im hoping soon it will come out,

anyone have any new ideas how to get it out ive got other xboxes out of the loop no prob but it might be down to the fact that it was unpluged for 2days oh and this xbox has the a bad cd laser =( thats why he wants me to put it back to ms dash so he can bring it back.

{later}

• Archived User
Clock Loop.
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2003, 06:38:00 AM »

Here my solution:

- Use bigfonts from 22 July!
- Let xbox lose time by unplugging for 24 hours
- Connect UTP cable to your router/cable modem
- Let xbox boot without anything in the dvd-drive and it will boot after 2 to 3 tries.

This always worked for me, I once installed the bigfonts 25 July for a friend of mine, and the utp cable trick didn't quite work. It had to boot 30 minutes before the phoenix came back again. Now I've placed the 22 July at his harddisk and now it boots after looping 3 times.

fenderbot

• Archived User
Clock Loop.
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2003, 07:58:00 PM »

i dont think anyone is going to find a fix if there was one they would of found it already sad.gif

Frodis

• Archived User
Clock Loop.
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2003, 09:13:00 PM »

Okay, I used the "reloaded" fonts and got the loop on a system I tried the exploit with.  I read everything on these forums about the looping and tried every method that was listed (no matter how silly they sounded).  I left the Xbox on for 6 hours straight...on 3 occasions.  NOTHING.  

However, I didn't give up.  Tonight, while I was playing some Diablo 2, I turned away from my computer monitor for a second and saw the Evox screen on my tv!!!!!!!!!!!!

What did I do?  I simply left the system on...for about 2 hours straight, Ethernet cable plugged in, no disc inside, a controller in the first port.  Does any of that matter?  Probably not.  However, leaving your Xbox on and rebooting, and having lots of patience seems to get it out of the loop.  That's what I kept reading over and over, and that's what fixed it for me...well, for now anyway.  I haven't unplugged it since.  I'm using Bigfonts25 now.  Let's see what happens when I unplug it tonight!

Frodis

jokerbird

• Archived User
Clock Loop.
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2003, 12:06:00 AM »

I have the clock loop problem on a brand spanking new xbox - except mine has a twist to which I have not read anyone else encounter.  I am not noob, and have done many xbox dash exploits and have fitted many different mod chips.

This paritucal box attempts to start - but instead of seeing the evox flash briefly, the LED begins to flash and instead starts to attempt to load the stock XBOX dash.  In fact on two occassions after several hours of rebooting it actually made it to the xbox dash wanting me to set the time - except the fonts for the digits were all garbage, and when I attempted to save the changes - looped again.

This box was plugged in for days - and the time was correctly set before beginning, and had not been unplugged during. Phoenix Bios loader was used with bert & ernie reloaded.  The same setup I have done perfectly on 2 other xbox with the same setup kernel/dash version.  It appears this crap thing is just random.

I have a hard time understanding why this happened - everything was done like clockwork!  And to the doubtful xs newbie whom thinks this is a dead end.....

I had a defective DVD-ROM drive 1 day after my warranty expired - I bought my xbox the day it was first released.  I was pissed at M$ charging 148 to fix it.  My box was useless for over a year until someone figured out how to replace a PC DVD-ROM as a 100% replacement.  I spent $67.00CDN,  it worked, and saved over $150.  I am sure this issue will soon be figured out - someone figured a memory exploit  - its only a matter of time.  let's hope its soon

scooby_dooby

• Archived User
Clock Loop.
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2003, 07:24:00 AM »

QUOTE (jokerbird @ Aug 29 2003, 09:06 AM)
This paritucal box attempts to start - but instead of seeing the evox flash briefly, the LED begins to flash and instead starts to attempt to load the stock XBOX dash.  In fact on two occassions after several hours of rebooting it actually made it to the xbox dash wanting me to set the time - except the fonts for the digits were all garbage, and when I attempted to save the changes - looped again.

hmm almost sounds like your harddrive is corrupted somehow, maybe try re cloning the disc?

AGamer

• Archived User
Clock Loop.
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2003, 09:32:00 AM »

Anyone tried put a Video DVD in or use DVD remote, maybe it can break clock loop. Just a thought.

fenderbot

• Archived User
Clock Loop.
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2003, 08:06:00 PM »

rolleyes.gif
Pages: [1] 2