xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: This D@mn Xchip  (Read 179 times)

captcavecricket

• Archived User
This D@mn Xchip
« on: December 01, 2004, 02:00:00 PM »

all i get is the 2cycle on/off, then no video and frag with the chip attached

the lpc is good, and the d0 is good.

wtf?

any suggestions....

PaulY^

• Archived User
This D@mn Xchip
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 05:05:00 PM »

If as you say you are certain the lpc connections are good and the D0 connection is good, then it may be the bios is at fault or not properly flashed.
If the bios checks out to be good, then return the chip for an exchange it may be faulty.
Regards PaulY^

Easybuy2000

• Archived User
This D@mn Xchip
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 07:57:00 AM »

Read my troubleshoot guide. It can give you some other ideas to look at.

Can you read and write to the X-Chip.

captcavecricket

• Archived User
This D@mn Xchip
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 09:35:00 AM »

yes, i can read and write to the chip, and have tired many different bioses.... no go, no matter what, its just doing the 2cycle on/off then frag with no video

Easybuy2000

• Archived User
This D@mn Xchip
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2004, 10:27:00 AM »

Are you sure it's not a contact issue.

Did you fix any rocking issues with the 5 cent trick.

Most fraggings are due to contact issues.

This post has been edited by Easybuy2000: Dec 2 2004, 06:28 PM

Mast3r Ch13f

• Archived User
This D@mn Xchip
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2004, 05:17:00 PM »

A multi-meter can be your best friend in a situation like this.

JonnyBoy123

• Archived User
This D@mn Xchip
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2004, 09:57:00 PM »

i had that problem for a while i ended up taking my chip off then putting it back on serveral times.. now i know this is obvious but it is important... make sure that the golden rivets are in each lpc that are needed if your are solderless.. also when up put the chip on the pin headers MAKE SURE it is in all the holes, now this means look through the side of the xbox into it.. dont guess it is on right... look on the left and the right and make sure u dont see any pins.. also if its solderless tighten the screw as tight as u can.. and the d0 is tricky and easily comes out... put it in and when u put everything back in the box (dvd drive harddrive and everything) make sure you do it very very gentle or it will knock the d0 out of place and can cause a frag...  Good Luck

Easybuy2000

• Archived User
This D@mn Xchip
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2004, 07:50:00 AM »

Contact issues as always. I do state this in the master install guide that the rivets are needed for Xbox version 1.1 to 1.5. Without them you will have allot of contact issues and fragging.

captcavecricket

• Archived User
This D@mn Xchip
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2004, 11:12:00 AM »

I was doing the pinheader, i've got another chip i'm gonna borrow and see if i can get it to work on the pinheader installed

if not, i'm just gonna do a tsop switch

slicemaster101

• Archived User
This D@mn Xchip
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2004, 12:41:00 PM »

QUOTE (captcavecricket @ Dec 2 2004, 09:07 AM)
yes, i can read and write to the chip, and have tired many different bioses.... no go, no matter what, its just doing the 2cycle on/off then frag with no video

After you flash try disconnecting you USB cable from the x-chip. For sum reason after I flash to EvoX X-Chip BIOS v1.3 or the stock Cromwell (or anyother BIOS/OS that you have to raw flash) my Xbox would do the same thing (aka power cycle two times and then frag). When I tried to power-on for the first time after the flash it would do this. When I disconnected the USB from the x-chip after flash and booted everything is fine. Just try re-flashing whatever BIOS you want to use (I recommend EvoX X-Chip BIOS 1.3) and after completion close x-control and disconnect the x-chip from the USB cable, boot and you should be good. Anyways after the first boot it doesn’t matter whether the USB cable is connected or not, it is just on the first boot that you have to have the USB cable disconnected.

Hope this helps,
Slice