xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: How To Boot Original Dash Through Freevox  (Read 944 times)

PC_Arcade

• Archived User
How To Boot Original Dash Through Freevox
« Reply #165 on: September 01, 2003, 01:35:00 AM »

QUOTE (JakeDaGreat @ Aug 17 2003, 07:41 PM)
Yes, I did the backup, but in order to unlock the hd, a tutorial said you need to get to the dashboard and let it spin down. I can't do that. Will the hd spin down while on the green xbox needs support screen? My computer sees it when i pause it at start up, but hd-drive doesn't find it. Is there any other programs I am missing?

I had exactly the same problem, HDD driver would not find the xbox HD even though it was unlocked sad.gif

I used a 2nd xbox (chipped, although I think you could use one with the font hack) to recover.

Good luck

Mko

• Archived User
« Reply #166 on: September 13, 2003, 08:00:00 AM »

Well, I goofed.

I've had my own modded xbox for quite some time, but recently did my first "font mod" on another xbox, and in trying to get the original MS dashboard to work as well, I hastily hex-edited my xboxdash.xbe, but uploaded it back onto the c: drive of the unmodded xbox (without renaming it!), and now as soon as I turn on my xbox, I get an:"XBOX NEEDS SERVICING" error (error 13).

What can I do to fix it?

I have a modded xbox as well, and I tried removing the harddrive from the unmodded xbox (with the functioning font exploit) and putting it into my modded xbox, hoping that my modded xbox would boot up into Evolution-X, and I'd be able to FTP into the unmodded xbox's harddrive (and fix the problem), but that also didn't work either - I got another Xbox error screen (this time it was an "error 6"- a problem with the harddrive)

Can I do this:  boot up my modded xbox into evolution-X, leave it on, then boot up my unmodded xbox (into the error screen), then unplug the IDE cable from my modded xbox harddrive into the unmodded xbox harddrive, and then hopefully have Evolution-X still up and running on my modded xbox but only with the unmodded drive plugged in now?  (essentially, a form of a hot swap)? Then FTP into the screwed up harddrive, and fix the damage I did???

what are my other options?

I'm frusterated for making such a stupid mistake and not completely reading the forum.

Mko.

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #167 on: September 13, 2003, 09:36:00 AM »

QUOTE (Mko @ Sep 13 2003, 04:24 PM)
Well, I goofed.

I've had my own modded xbox for quite some time, but recently did my first "font mod" on another xbox, and in trying to get the original MS dashboard to work as well, I hastily hex-edited my xboxdash.xbe, but uploaded it back onto the c: drive of the unmodded xbox (without renaming it!), and now as soon as I turn on my xbox, I get an:"XBOX NEEDS SERVICING" error (error 13).

What can I do to fix it?

I have a modded xbox as well, and I tried removing the harddrive from the unmodded xbox (with the functioning font exploit) and putting it into my modded xbox, hoping that my modded xbox would boot up into Evolution-X, and I'd be able to FTP into the unmodded xbox's harddrive (and fix the problem), but that also didn't work either - I got another Xbox error screen (this time it was an "error 6"- a problem with the harddrive)

Can I do this:  boot up my modded xbox into evolution-X, leave it on, then boot up my unmodded xbox (into the error screen), then unplug the IDE cable from my modded xbox harddrive into the unmodded xbox harddrive, and then hopefully have Evolution-X still up and running on my modded xbox but only with the unmodded drive plugged in now?  (essentially, a form of a hot swap)? Then FTP into the screwed up harddrive, and fix the damage I did???

what are my other options?

I'm frusterated for making such a stupid mistake and not completely reading the forum.

Mko.

6 - kernel - Cannot unlock HDD
13 - kernel - Dashboard launch fail (due to missing/bad key, or anything else that would prevent it from running) and the dashboard didn't specify why it failed.

because you have the factory harddrive in his xbox and thats what you where applying the exploit to, it is still locked, if you can unlock it you may be able to boot it up on your xbox, you may want to see if there is anyway you can look at the harddrive on your pc. it won't boot on his xbox because when you hex edited it, it became unsigned. and it won't boot on your xbox because its locked so you can only boot it on his xbox and nothing else.

MetaliFreak

• Archived User
« Reply #168 on: September 13, 2003, 01:54:00 PM »

You can try a modified hot swap trick,

Power up the fubar'ed Xbox like normal and wait until the big green X symbol shows up.  Now this next part requires some good timing, when the little MS logo appears under the X, pay attention to hear if the harddrive is in the process of trying to load something up, at that point unhook the IDE cable of the harddrive.  You may have to do to this a few times before you can successfully unlock the HD, try unhooking the IDE cable from as soon as the MS logo appears or as late as just before the error screen pops up (Like a split-second before the Dashboard would normally load up at this point).  Now from then on out, you should be able to have access to the drive contents via Pc or Xbox as long as the HD is still powered, if it loses power it will revert to its locked status.

I recommend keeping on record the HD's locking/unlocking codes on paper and tape it on top of the Xbox's DVD-Rom just in case something like this happends again.  You can use LiveInfo and Evox to acquire the codes.

riotsone

• Archived User
« Reply #169 on: December 04, 2003, 06:52:00 PM »

I have tried this theroy of linking my ms dash and still cannot get it to boot I still get the green web with black hole. any other ideas?

Kolk1604

• Archived User
« Reply #170 on: December 08, 2003, 04:58:00 PM »

QUOTE (kraken @ Jul 8 2003, 04:04 PM)
This should also fix any clock problems because evox has someplace to redirect to.

It doesnt fix the clock problem. Great, Evox has a place to redirect to. One problem, it too lost time.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]