xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1.6 D0 Problem Plz Help!  (Read 182 times)

Boulinator

• Archived User
1.6 D0 Problem Plz Help!
« on: October 10, 2004, 09:22:00 AM »

ok Had my x-chip fully installed and soldered.  Everything was working fine then my D0 wire let go on the mother board.  here's the problem my D0 hole has solder in it and i cant fit the wire in anymore.  Anyone have any ideas what i should do???
thanks

sniffinpoprocks

• Archived User
1.6 D0 Problem Plz Help!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 02:51:00 AM »

get some flux and solder wick. wick the solder out.

apply flux to wick, place wick on d0, put iron on wick and press to remove solder. slight twisting motion seems to help also.

mt80

• Archived User
1.6 D0 Problem Plz Help!
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 10:39:00 AM »

Go to radio shack and get a desoldering braid.  Simply put the braid over the solder and put the soldering iron on top of the braid and that should pull the solder out of the hole.

Aphex242

• Archived User
1.6 D0 Problem Plz Help!
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2004, 02:45:00 PM »

QUOTE (mt80 @ Oct 11 2004, 05:39 PM)
Go to radio shack and get a desoldering braid.  Simply put the braid over the solder and put the soldering iron on top of the braid and that should pull the solder out of the hole.

Honestly I couldn't fit my wire into the d0 anyway.  I just soldered it to the top - works fine.  You might consider that instead of messing around with trying to get it back in the hole.

cravavr3

• Archived User
1.6 D0 Problem Plz Help!
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 08:23:00 AM »

Just add soem exces solder, it by no means has to go in the hole, it must make contact to the pads, thats it.  You can also try the alternative D0 as it has a bigger pad for soldering to.