xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Please Help! Very Weird Softmod Problem!  (Read 423 times)

balltillifall_88

• Archived User
Please Help! Very Weird Softmod Problem!
« on: February 26, 2013, 03:53:00 PM »

hey guys, i have a very unusual softmod problem that i really hope you can help me with. well, first of all, i have a modchipped xbox with 250 gb drive. but thats not the one i am having the problem with. i also have a stock xbox with the softmod installed. i softmodded it with the 007 save files. well, last night i was ftp'ing into it. I was adding some apps, emulators, etc. and no matter what i did, the dashboard would not update with the files i was uploading. it was an evox dash. the ini file even had the auto add options for the right directory, but still wasnt showing anything. so i figured i would upload my evox dash ini file from my modded xbox. well, after i did that on the next reboot my softmodded xbox went to the ms dash. and now the softmod will not load. i tried putting in 007 again to open up SID again. thinking that would get me back to the soft mod menu. but this is where the problem lies. i put in 007, open the save file from the xbox, and my power light turns orange and the soft mod is loaded. BUT, whenever i do in game reset to return to the dash, it returns to the ms dash with a green light and the softmod is NO LONGER loaded. so i cant ftp the xbox. i can only load the softmod while 007 is running, and as soon as i exit it the soft mod is gone. and i cant redo the softmod, because like i said, all that happens when i select the save file is that the softmod loads, but is gone again when i exit the game OR open the disc drive.

can anybody please help me? i was going to trade this xbox for a fat ps 2 today and was trying to put some apps and stuff on it for the guy. is it maybe possible to put the stock 8 gb drive from that xbox into my modchipped xbox and fix it that way? i was up until 7 am this morning trying to fix this damn thing lol. please help!!

This post has been edited by balltillifall_88: Feb 26 2013, 11:55 PM

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 04:04:00 PM »

You have to use the gamesave to repair or reinstall the softmod - just loading the gamesave isn't enough.

Once you get it working do yourself a favour and reinstall from scratch, but this time with shadow C enabled, then you won't have this problem again.

balltillifall_88

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 09:46:00 PM »

thanks for the tip on the shadow C, didnt know what exactly that was.

but i know i need to reinstall it with the game save. but the soft mod installer will not load. i should have been more clear. i put in 007, load the save, and the light turns orange. which means the soft mod is technically loaded somehow. BUT, the game continues to play. it doesnt go to the soft mod installer menu. the game just restarts itself with the light a different color. then when i in game reset OR eject the game, the xbox goes back to the microsoft dashboard, and the light changes green again. then the soft mod is no longer there. no ftping, no playing backups, no running burned boxplorer, etc. its very weird. the ONLY time the soft mod is "loaded" is when the game is running. and i cant ftp the xbox with the game running. is there anything i can do other than to just reformat the hard drive and reinstall it?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 05:06:00 AM »

Get hold of the Krayzie 1.1.1 softmod installer and a copy of the stock 5960 C dashboard files (the whole lot, about 90MB zipped, 180MB unpacked). Put the gamesaves (you need two for Splinter Cell) on your softmodded Xbox, then try again. Once you get to the softmod installer menu you have to use FTP to delete the contents of the C partition and replace them with the stock 5960 C dashboard files. Then continue with the softmod install - select Basic Install - UnleashX dashboard.

balltillifall_88

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 04:41:00 PM »

i dont have a copy of splinter cell right now, i have 007... but i guess i could maybe download the krayzie soft mod install and try it. i used SID the first time, so maybe krayzie will work since its not already on my xbox. i just wish i could FTP the xbox with a game running and i could fix this like instantly lol. but anyway, gonna try to use krayzie and get ftp access then reinstall everything. thanks for the info ill update as to what happens.

ps. if i would have installed it with dual boot (hacked dash/soft mod menu) i could have fixed this right away. but now i know lol.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 05:19:00 PM »

Yes, sorry - I meant 007:AUF, which of course only has one gamesave!

Krayzie won't work just because it isn't already on your Xbox. The remod will work because you are replacing your current C files with a completely clean set, and starting from scratch.

If you had installed it as dual boot I doubt it would have made any difference, because when you deleted files from your C partition you removed the softmod.

balltillifall_88

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2020, 05:24:00 PM »

but thats whats so weird about it. when i click to load the game save which is SID, the light turns orange. which is the color it is when it is soft modded. then the game restarts from the beginning and the mod is still there, but if i eject the disc or use in game reset (which i can do after the mod "loads"), the xbox goes back to the MS dash with a green light and the mod is "gone". its really weird. but anyway, gonna ftp that game save onto my xbox, then copy to memory card, then try to fix this other xbox. will let you know soon, thanks for the help so far.

balltillifall_88

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2020, 06:56:00 PM »

well, i got krayzie onto a memory card and onto the xbox. popped in 007, then it fixed it! thanks man. never even thought about using a different installer to fix it. but anyway, its up and running again. thanks

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 07:01:00 PM »

No problem. Glad you got it sorted. smile.gif