xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hard Drive Problems  (Read 143 times)

Joes2Silly

• Archived User
Hard Drive Problems
« on: June 25, 2011, 10:28:00 PM »

I took an unlocked 200 gb hard drive, installed the stock MS dash, and locked the drive then put it in an unmodded xbox. I softmodded it, but it somehow doesn't read the F: partition. If I put it in my modded xbox and load AID I can see the files, or even if I boot into Krayzies ndure installer. But for some reason I can't see them when I boot into UnleashX (my dashboard). Do I need to reinstall the softmod and delete the old dashboard?

Heimdall

• Archived User
Hard Drive Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 05:06:00 AM »

It sounds as though the drive doesn't have an on-disk partition table, so your Xbox is forced to use the default behaviour of your softmod to decide if the disk is F only (06) or F and G (67). It's easy to change that default behaviour using the tools that come with your softmod - so for Krayzie NDURE 1.1.1 you use Krayzie extras. Load Extras, select "Launch Extras" - the LED will turn Red - select "Set nkpatcher.06" - "Set nkpatcher.06". Reboot, and you will have one large F partition.

To revert to the original behaviour, go through the same process, but select "Reset to nkpatcher.67".

Joes2Silly

• Archived User
Hard Drive Problems
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 10:25:00 AM »

Got everything working fine. Thanks  happy.gif