xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Stupidly Deleted Everything On E Drive...how Can I Restore It?  (Read 130 times)

.user.

• Archived User

I was just trying to get rid of the softmod so I can sell the Xbox with a clean HD. I stupidly deleted the entire E drive. I had it modded with EvolutionX and the Splinter Cell exploit.

I can launch any game but I get an error 21 every time I try to go to any part of the Dashboard.

I cant copy the Linux installer to the hard drive cuz I cant use the Dashboard, so Im not sure what to do. I rather not have to hotswap, I'm hoping there's an easier way.

How can I fix this? I have backups on my computer but I cant transfer them to the Xbox. I have no FTP access anymore.

This post has been edited by .user.: Apr 8 2009, 11:31 PM

.user.

• Archived User
Stupidly Deleted Everything On E Drive...how Can I Restore It?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 04:13:00 PM »

I have the eeprom.bin file and xboxhdm but I dont know what to do. Will a boot CD work if I make one? Im sure I deleted all the softmod files when I deleted my E drive.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 06:45:00 PM »

Depending on which softmod you used, a boot disc might help. It's definitely worth a try.

If you want to restore it to stock another way is to boot a recent live enabled game (Halo 2 or later) and sign in to live - if you're lucky the first thing the game will do is update the Xbox to the latest stock dash. You don't need to even be connected to a network - just let the update complete, then reboot the Xbox.

.user.

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 06:55:00 PM »

I used the easy Krayzie installer thru the splinter cell exploit. Yeah I might try it.

Yeah I meant to say that. I tried Live games and they didn't work. Splinter Cell made me just hang at a black screen, and Halo 2 tried to bring me to the dashboard for Live so then it crashed. I tried multiple times.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 07:03:00 PM »

If you used Krayzie, and only deleted the E partition, then the LED should still be turning yellow, the live game method won't work, but a boot disc will. If you're sure you want to return it to stock, use Frosty's Rescue disc to give you access to the real C partition, delete the contents of the C partition, and replace them with the stock C files from Slayers or CASH.

.user.

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 07:32:00 PM »

The LED is turning orange though, but sure I'll try.

steveo1978

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2020, 11:02:00 PM »

get slayers and see if it boots if it does you can use ftp to fix your problem just ftp in create a dash folder and but the dash of your choice in that folder and reboot. By deleting everything of the E you just basically erased your dash and the softmod emergency access thing.

Just came to my mind if you still have the rar file for Krazies installer there is an extras folder in there that you can make an use qwix to make an iso out of and the just add the apps, dash and emus to it and just use that disk to fix your mistake. This method would be the easiest way to repair it in my opition cause you can basically set up the xbox on your pc then use the disk to install everything to your xbox

.user.

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 03:14:00 AM »

Yeah I think I'll do that. I have Qwix, I'm just not sure how I make an ISO with it out of the files. And then after I do that, I should just be able to burn the ISO to a CD and boot the Xbox from that CD? Thanks

I just want to reset it to factory default with no mods.

This post has been edited by .user.: Yesterday, 11:30 AM

.user.

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 05:14:00 PM »

I used Frosty's Rescue disc and then I had FTP access, but when I downloaded Slayer I couldnt see the contents of it (tried mounting it and burning it).

I tried to rename a file called "xboxdash.xberetail" and replace "xboxdash.xbe", and now the Frosty Rescue disk wont even work anymore. It goes to error 21 again. Goddamnit. Now what?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 05:26:00 PM »

Try the Halo 2 live login again, see if it works this time.

If not then hotswap and use Xplorer360 beta 6 or xboxhdm to restore the original C drive. To get the stock C files from Slayers use Qwix - they're in SYSTEM\All\c\.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 08:02:00 PM »

If Frosty won't boot then AID won't either. They both need the Xbox to be running a modded BIOS, and yours isn't. It's hotswap or sell it as a broken Xbox......

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 11:33:00 PM »

yup you screwed the exploit by renaming xboxdash.xbe. Now you have to hotswap.