xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Matrix Modchip - A Helpful Guide  (Read 289 times)

MonsterTy

• Archived User
Matrix Modchip - A Helpful Guide
« on: June 26, 2005, 12:02:00 AM »

Links to "everything" Matrix.

Guides

Full Guide To Install Xodus/Matrix & setup EvolutionX
          by  Kleiner

Matrix Installation Manual
          by Team Xodus

Installing external SPST pushbutton switches with switch & mode indicators
          by Susan K

Installing an external enable/disable switch for the Matrix
          by myst1x

The Matrix/Xodus Noob Guide
          by KrAzY

USB Powered Xodus Programmer
          by myst1x

Adding Mod Chip Enable/Disable and BIOS Flash ROM Write Enable/Disable Switches To Your XBox
          by Captain Dunsel

How do I...

find out which version of the XBox motherboard the Matrix will work on?
*For 1.0 & 1.1 motherboards, it's a standard install.  Line it up and screw it down.  There is nothing to solder.
*For 1.2 motherboards, one new wire is needed. You'll need to solder a wire from the Matrix D0 point to the appropriate D0 point on the motherboard, as it is not the same as the version 1.0 or 1.1 XBox's D0 point.
*For 1.3 & 1.4 motherboards, two new wires are needed. As with the 1.2 Motherboard, you'll need to solder a wire from the D0 point on the Matrix to the appropriate D0 point on the motherboard, and one more wire connecting to the LFrame.
*For 1.5 motherboards, four new wires are needed.  As with the 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4 motherboards, you will need to solder a wire from the D0 point on the Matrix to the appropriate D0 point on the motherboard.  Likewise with the 1.4 motherboard, you will need a new wire connecting to the LFrame.  Another wire will be needed to connect the 3.3v to the LPC, and the last wire you'll need to add is connecting a ground to the LPC.

*The LFrame on Motherboards 1.3 - 1.5
*LPC Diagnostics

I will add more links to diagrams as soon as I find them.

flash my Matrix chip via Evolution X?
 To flash the Matrix from Evolution X, you  must have the following in your evox.ini : Flash = 0xbf61,"SST - 49LF020",0x40000
Also note that the Matrix must be in mode 4 (both switches off) when doing so.

know which size BIOS my Matrix supports?
 The Matrix will support a 256k BIOS.

.... There's more on the way, I just have to keep hitting that search button!  If there is anything incorrect or something else you would like to see in here please feel free to PM me with it.

user posted image