xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Aladdin Xtreme + Xbox V1.4 = Need Some Help  (Read 84 times)

AIRNESS

• Archived User
Aladdin Xtreme + Xbox V1.4 = Need Some Help
« on: September 01, 2005, 10:12:00 AM »

greetings to the community

this is my third time, helping a friend modding his xbox but i never had these kind of problems:

the xbox seems to be a v1.4: there is a connectivity between pin 2 and ground, the videochip is from FOCUS
the modchip is an aladdin xtreme
the solder work was no problem and fast done ... the 11 pins on the motherboard an then the 9 pins on the aladdin mod ... after that i connected the alternative d0 pin with the d0 pin on the aladdin mod chip
but when i'm starting the xbox, the xbox boots into the m$ dash :blink:

the blue led on the aladdin chip glows, so the chip seems to work
i resoldered the d0 wire a few time (i thought, maybe the soldering points aren't clean)
but nothing helps ...

does i forget something? ... does i have to solder something else then the pinhead and the d0? (not on a v1.4 xbox or?)

i followed guides like
http://www.hackdabox.com/Aladdin_Install.html or http://www.fixnchipz.co.uk/page19.html and made the same thing, but still, it doesn't work

hope someone can help me ... thx!

... i hope my english skills aren't to bad  <_<

EverestX

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 10:16:00 AM »

did you already flash the chip with new bios or was it preflashed II'm not really familiar wit hthe extreme.    If you did alreays flash it or it is preflashed you will need to get  slayers to format the hd and install apps/dash/etc etc with.   If you did not  sounds like your chip is geting power but has a connection problem somwhere.

Edit :::: Yeah it is preflashed I just read that link you had in there.  Get slayers and see if you can boot it up.  

About your english: If I can understand your english, and you can understand my horrible typing you jsut might get this sorted out.  :D

This post has been edited by EverestX: Sep 1 2005, 05:19 PM

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 11:28:00 AM »

If holding the button to enable the mod results in just the m$ dash then either. You have not installed an alternative dash to the HDD or the D0 point is not doing its job and the chip is not enabled. You will still have to install another dash even if it turns out to be solution 2.
Do you see Xecuter2 or the pink evox logo on boot to indicate the chip is working ok

AIRNESS

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 11:34:00 AM »

thx for your fast answer

yes ... i have slayers auto installer 2.6 ... but the xbox doesn't boot from it
the green xbox "boot screen" comes up, you hear that the cd-rw is spinning an than he boots up into the m$ dash
on the boot screen, there is no EVOX sign in the corner!! (i think it should be ... on my xbox i have a M8 bios and there's a EVOX sign in the corner and as i know, the aladdin chip is preflashed with an M8 bios) ... so there must be some kind of connection problem ... but where  :blink:
as i said in the first post, i resoldered the pin connections a few time till they looked clean ... we controlled the solder work with a multimeter an there war no connection problem

... strange

@Chancer
holding the button doesn't realy impress the xbox ... just boots up in the m$ dash

This post has been edited by AIRNESS: Sep 1 2005, 06:37 PM

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 02:28:00 PM »

If it has M8 flashed and the evox logo is missing then the D0 is not making connection or the BT wire is not. The chip is not enabling. Its not to do with the soldering on the LPC (not yet anyway)

AIRNESS

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 03:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Sep 1 2005, 10:32 PM)
... not making connection or the BT wire is not. ...

maybe i'll kick myself after writing this, but aren't the L1 and BT connection only optional?
at the console.com guide they say it's optional ...

ModdingManiac

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 06:38:00 PM »

Start the kicking right now......BT is needed to disable/enable the chip and L1 is to change the LED color on the Eject/Power Assembly while the chip is enabled...With that said if you just connect D0 to the chip nothing will happen (thats what your problem is), you need to connect at least BT, L1 is optional...

Now if you just want the chip always On, meaning you can't disable it then yes BT and L1 are optional but you would need to ground D0 from the motherboard (so basically connect D0 from the Xbox's motherboard to a screwhole or metal shielding)...With this set up your chip will always be enable so you can't play xbox live...There should not be any wire connected to the modchip...I have not installed this flavor of the Aladdin but if just grounding D0 causes the xbox to frag then you will also need to ground BT from the modchip...

This post has been edited by ModdingManiac: Sep 2 2005, 01:40 AM

AIRNESS

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2005, 01:33:00 AM »

first of all, thx for the help

i soldered the d0 to a ground ... now the xbox turns on/off/on/off/on
so as i can remember, that meens, theres somewhere a connaction problem at the solder points

i'll try to resolder the pins (especially the d0) an try to boot up again ... will post the results if the "operation" is successfull

ModdingManiac

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2005, 01:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(AIRNESS @ Sep 2 2005, 09:37 AM)
first of all, thx for the help

i soldered the d0 to a ground ... now the xbox turns on/off/on/off/on
so as i can remember, that meens, theres somewhere a connaction problem at the solder points

i'll try to resolder the pins (especially the d0) an try to boot up again ... will post the results if the "operation" is successfull

Try also grounding BT

AIRNESS

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2005, 04:19:00 AM »

bt -> ground dosen't worked
so i soldered the d0 to the modchip d0 and the bt to the modchip bt
now it works fine ... thx alot for the help!!
:beer:

greetings
patrick

HackDaBox

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2005, 06:29:00 AM »

Next time try this ...

Aladdin XT Troubleshooter !

HackDaBox !

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2005, 06:59:00 AM »

If you followed hacks guide and my guide on our sites as stated how did you not know to connect BT??