xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Newbie Spiderchip Questions  (Read 71 times)

stretch415

• Archived User
Newbie Spiderchip Questions
« on: December 15, 2004, 08:54:00 AM »

Im pretty new so go easy on me.   I got a 1.6b with the holiday bundle and bought the spiderchip and 120gb seagate HD with EVOX.  Realized from the posts it was a pain in the ass version Xbox so I sold it and got a nice 1.1. Anyways tried installing it and like the posts say the screw was to short.  It also wasnt making good connection so I took the washer out and it instantly got connection.  Is there anything I  should worry about by not using the washer?  Got it all together and started backing up games and certain games skip the EvoX menu and boot up right away.  Is this right?  Sometimes it will go to the menu and other times it will start the game.  I also noticed that games such as Outlaw Beach volleyball wouldnt allow a backup.  Is something wrong with my chip or are some games like that?  I backed up several others(halo, halo 2, pandora tomarrow) and they all work.  At first when I loaded halo from HD it would give me a blank screen but now it seems to load.  I was playing it and about an hour into the game it gave me an error screen saying the disk was possibly dirty. Should I reload it from start again? Thanks for the help :beer: