xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Softmod's Are Useless Now!  (Read 87 times)

Jsmith

• Archived User
Softmod's Are Useless Now!
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2003, 04:55:00 PM »

QUOTE (digitalman42 @ Oct 27 2003, 11:22 AM)
Webmaster consider it verified, you can switch to evoxd6 bios but that will just allow you to play level one.  After that it hangs.  And to whomever said hardmod users are having this problem, that's not true, anyone with a modchip and IGR turned off can run this, I have friends with a X-Ecuter I, X-Ecuter II, and Matrix who run it fine.  This is defenitly a soft-mod issue, every single post from someone who cant get it working has a softmod, check and see for yourself.

Wrong.  It has nothing to do with the exploits.  I've got an Xecutor 1 and I've got the same problem.  The problem relates to either Phoenix Bios Loader, or Boot From Media Bioses.  It has nothing to do with audio exploits or any of the other exploits.

digitalman42

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2003, 05:28:00 PM »

well if it's the phoenix loader then softmods wont work with it anyways,, are you loading the phoenix loader or any softhack on your x-ecuter xbox?

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2003, 05:29:00 PM »

QUOTE (digitalman42 @ Oct 27 2003, 09:27 PM)
that doesn't make any sense, someone posted they have a x-ecuter I and it works fine....

Were they using PBL as JSmith is?

You really have to learn to look at these things with an open mind.  It's not black and white, mod chip or exploit.  There are tons of users posting here, and tons of X factors.

Jsmith

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2003, 05:34:00 PM »

Yeah, I use Phoenix Bios Loader to load up the new bioses since my Xecutor 1 isn't flashable.  I don't have any of the exploits installed however.

Jsmith

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2003, 06:42:00 PM »

Don't jump to conclusions.  Phoenix Bios Loader only uses Boot From Media Bioses.  The problem could be in many places.  It could be Phoenix Bios Loader, it could be related to how BFM bioses are loaded, it could be the BFM code, it could be the patching process of BFM, it could even be XBTool which is used to patch the bios.  The point is, we just don't know.  No need to point fingers.  Lets identify the problem, and allow the developers of these applications and services see if they can diagnose the problem.

digitalman42

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2003, 10:02:00 AM »

Sailor, sorry im not into playing 1980 games on my xbox, I have more fun things to do, like my girl friend.  Unlike some people, and your message is confusing, you run crimson skies on which xbox? not all of us are into anime and playing atari games.

Sailorgoon

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2003, 12:01:00 PM »

I thought the post was easy enough to understand, but here is a GED equivalent repost:

1 copy of game CRIMSON SKIES, OEM

1 1.0 XBOX, TSOP flashed using 007

1 1.3 XBOX, OEM

Said game, the aforementioned CRIMSON SKIES works from the OEM DVD in the 1.0 FLASHED XBOX, but NOT in the 1.3 OEM XBOX.  Easier to understand?

I have so many new games it's nuts.  I'm not a pirate, I buy all my software.  The reason the XBOX hacks are cool to me is because of the system's versatility.  I like that I can run my LEGIT box games off my HDD with less load time.  I like that I can reset the console and swap games without opening cases or handling the discs.

My XBOX runs XBMP, because it's cool to watch your archived LEGIT DVD movies off your media server without flipping discs.  It runs MAME because what better why is there to play 4 player games with your other friends, who grew up in the day when Atari owned the gaming world.

My XBOX primarily plays XBOX games.  Just because you don't care for homebrew software or emulators doesn't mean that hundreds of thousands of others feel the same way.

I like this console, and the work being done with it.  I'll continue to like it regardless of what you make up about softmods or non-existent copy protection.

stanneh

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2003, 12:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (Sailorgoon @ Oct 28 2003, 10:01 PM)
who grew up in the day when Atari owned the gaming world.

sad.gif atari doesnt own the world no more?

seems like yesterday i was sitting downstairs being shouted at for playing on my evil computer.

Pestilence

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2003, 12:17:00 PM »

What would be great is if we could start a thread to remove Digitalman from this forum.  Making stupid posts and jumping to conclusions does nothing but make you out to be the noob that you clearly are.  As far as you dont play 1980 games on your box...well pal you certainly seem to want to play cs a whole bunch, so I dont think I would be passing judgement on anyones game tastes.  A game is a game is a game..regardless of when it was made.  And not to bash you too much but I have a feeling that your 'girlfriend' is about as real as your copy of CS.  Unless of course 'girlfriend' is the nickname you gave to your right hand.

Sailorgoon

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2003, 05:01:00 PM »

QUOTE (stanneh @ Oct 28 2003, 10:06 PM)
QUOTE (Sailorgoon @ Oct 28 2003, 10:01 PM)
who grew up in the day when Atari owned the gaming world.

sad.gif atari doesnt own the world no more?

seems like yesterday i was sitting downstairs being shouted at for playing on my evil computer.

Unfortunately, no.  Atari is pretty much done for.  Most of the games they publish are overseas made, like the excellent but buggy Apex.

I'll never forget them, not with my 3 2600s and 80-someodd carts.

Besides.  My lynx sleeps next to the bed, if I have a nightmare, I can just reach for some Stun Runner laugh.gif
Pages: 1 [2]