xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Aladdin Advanced 64 +  (Read 78 times)

Hansen1979

• Archived User
Aladdin Advanced 64 +
« on: February 17, 2004, 09:31:00 AM »

Hello everyone.
I got a problem, and I can see that many other have had the same problem. But it`s a little different between my problem and the others.
First I soldered my Aladdin Advanced 64 + into the xbox (soldered D0, L1 and BT). When I started the Xbox, everything worked fine. Pressed the power-button 1 sec. and xbox booted normally, pressed it 2 sec. and the power led went orange and I got a red X-logo at the boot start up and I loaded Evolution X dashboard sucsessfully. Everything worked fine. Then I moved my xbox to the computer, connected the network cable and booted the xbox with Evolution X dash. Everything still worked fine. But I couldn`t get a link, so I thought it was a problem with the .ini file in the dash. So I turned off my xbox. And when I tried to turn it on in mod. mode it wouldn`t start. It start only in normal mode. And when I try to hold in the power button, the xbox restart and boots in normal mode again. If I keep pressing the power button, the xbox restarts three times, then it flashes between red and green. I guess that is the flash mode.... Can somebody help me? I have treid to take off the D0 wire, but then it wont boot the chip. It boots in normal mode. If I solder the D0 to ground the xbox keeps restarting all the time! I really needs some help here!!

anu|b|iss

• Archived User
Aladdin Advanced 64 +
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 11:35:00 AM »

check your LPC port
I'have had a week link do this where the chip would work sometimes.
I don't recommend this unless you know what you're doing.
But you can open the xbox and put a slight pressure on the chip itself to make sure it's bridging to the LPC correctly and turn it on while maintaining this pressure.
If it works you just have to apply a little extra solder to the connectors.
If it doesn't work, take the chip out completely (!!CAUTION!! PULLING ON THE CHIP CAN AND WILL BREAK THE CONNECTORS) make sure you go slow on this one.

Chancer

• Archived User
Aladdin Advanced 64 +
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 01:10:00 PM »

I agree with the above resolder all the LPC points after first checking with a magnifier to make sure nothing is damaged. This is becoming the most common problem

predatorv125

• Archived User
Aladdin Advanced 64 +
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 08:27:00 PM »

YES!!! damn i love this site! I looked at all my solder points looked great. I thought every thing from my Power Supply to my MOBO was shot and all i did was push down on my mod chip and it fires up like magic. Thanks all you rule. Im off to resolder.