xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Question About The Xyz Directories.  (Read 62 times)

_iffy

• Archived User
Question About The Xyz Directories.
« on: February 14, 2006, 10:45:00 AM »

no

those drives get formated regularly. They will always be 750,750,750

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 10:59:00 PM »

Oh, you can change the partitioning of the HDD by using xbpartitioner (L & R triggers change the size of selected partition), but you probably don't want to.

You'd loose compatitiblity with the retail bios if you change any of the standard partitions.

MMXMonster

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 08:08:00 AM »

Thats Waaaay old, but yes it will work dependant on if you have a Seagate drive installed in your box. If so just load up an installer disc like Slayer's and format the F drive. No need to go through all that Evox editing.
If the drive you have is anything but the aformentioned one then you are stuck with the stock 8gigs divided up between the partitions.

Neilor

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 01:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(jcs2380 @ Feb 16 2006, 08:43 PM) View Post

Ok I did it and it now gives me an F directory and says it has 1907mb allocated for that directory.  So I guess it worked but I rather have that extra memory on my E drive.  Is there any way now I could move that memory allocated for the F directory over to the E drive?
To quote someone who's already posted your answer

"Oh, you can change the partitioning of the HDD by using xbpartitioner (L & R triggers change the size of selected partition), but you probably don't want to.

You'd loose compatitiblity with the retail bios if you change any of the standard partitions."

Evillvi

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 03:51:00 PM »

the f partition will only show up on a big harddrive not a stock one... best bet to get more space is with a bigger harddrive. heres a link to finding the right one for your xbox just i case you wanna upgrade...

http://xboxdrives.x-pec.com/?p=list

.:Dino:.

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 04:27:00 PM »

^^
no, hes formatted an f drive as he has a seagate drive which you can gain an extra 2 gigs on.
Which app are you using for ftp? make sure the f drive is enabled in the app you are using.