xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Softmod Problems  (Read 89 times)

_InFeRnO_

• Archived User
Softmod Problems
« on: December 31, 2005, 05:36:00 PM »

I modded a friend of mine xbox a while back using the UXE exploit and everything was working fine. Now all that happens is whenever you turn on the xbox it stay's at the logo screen. It will not not boot any media either. Any idea's as to what could of happened and how to fix it. I could alway's put a modchip in it but am trying to stay away from that.

Vayate

• Archived User
Softmod Problems
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 05:41:00 PM »

Before you go buying a mod chip, check your basics -- make sure all of the cables are secure (both internal and external), and test the hard drive, DVD drive and IDE cable. Make sure nothing is weird on the motherboard. If everything appears to be fine, you reassemble the Xbox and it still doesn't work, your TSOP is probably corrupt and you will need a mod chip.

If anyone else knows of any other problems that may cause this, please post them below.

_InFeRnO_

• Archived User
Softmod Problems
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 06:56:00 PM »

I checked all of the plugs and everything seems to be fine. Wouldn't I get an error code if the hdd or the dvd drive was messed up? Thank's for the help.

Ndure protagonist

• Archived User
Softmod Problems
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 12:45:00 PM »

Three other remedy approaches are via gamesave exploit (IF one is installed AND the power hasn't been turned off for too long), xboxhdm (IF the eeprom backup is available) or hotswap.

UXB {: typo intended :} has various limitations plus vulnerabilities/instabilities that can result in it not booting!

An uber rmenhal exploit ('ure') based softmod, such as Ndure per my sig, doesn't have those limitations and risks...