xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Anybody Have A Banned Eeprom?  (Read 23 times)

Textbook

• Archived User
Anybody Have A Banned Eeprom?
« on: September 26, 2005, 01:08:00 PM »

I know file requests aren't allowed on the forums, but isn't an EEPROM request the same as selling an EEPROM?  Ok, so I have an Xbox that got banned from Live, so I used my brother's EEPROM to get back on.  But now, since my brother and I have the same EEPROM, we can't play system link together.  So, does anybody have a banned EEPROM that they want to give to me?  email at [email protected] or get me on AIM (Textbk05)  Thanks, and I'm sorry if this is stupid, against the rules, or both

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 01:54:00 PM »

you might want to ask in the Live forums, banned folks tend to congregate there, lol

cmiz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 02:06:00 PM »

awww...poor banned folk'

i'm pretty sure you can just take the current eeprom your brother has and edit it to have a different mac address. i believe configmagic can do this, but you may have to use one of the other eeprom editing programs (not sure which, liveinfo or something?)

i'm like 95% sure that it's the mac address being the same that prevents you from playing system link with 2 xboxes that are using the same eeprom. make sure you don't sign on live with your bro's xbox though or you'll both get banned...

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 02:19:00 PM »

Haha, yeah, I wouldn't be that stupid.  I'm not actually sure how I got banned, because I was using Ndure, but I think it might have been because my upgraded (80gb) hard drive and the fact that three friends on my friend's list got banned all at the same time, so they targeted people on their friend's lists and checked their hard drive size.  Who knows, I have a dual hard drive mod, so it's impossible for me to get banned.  Oh, BigDaddyShoo sent me an eeprom.  Thanks, man, I'm doing it right now.

BigDaddyShoo

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 02:29:00 PM »

thanks for calling me out as someone that gave you a file!!   ph34r.gif

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 04:18:00 PM »

I was saying thanks.  As lordvader129 confirmed, it's okay to send an EEPROM, and I figured it was anyways since you're allowed to buy them from people right on here.  I was just saying thanks.  You didn't do anything against the rules, so I didn't think mentioning your name would do any harm, as you were simply helping me out with a legal file.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 04:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(Textbook @ Sep 26 2005, 06:29 PM)
I was saying thanks.  As lordvader129 confirmed, it's okay to send an EEPROM, and I figured it was anyways since you're allowed to buy them from people right on here.  I was just saying thanks.  You didn't do anything against the rules, so I didn't think mentioning your name would do any harm, as you were simply helping me out with a legal file.

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2005, 06:01:00 PM »

How many people want banned EEPROMs?  I didn't think they were in demand these days.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2005, 07:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(Textbook @ Sep 26 2005, 08:12 PM)
How many people want banned EEPROMs?  I didn't think they were in demand these days.

BigDaddyShoo

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2005, 09:23:00 PM »

Who can I talk to about making this thread my new official BST thread?   jester.gif

tryintomod

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2005, 11:47:00 PM »

Textbook you say that sometimes they do random hdd size checks on people and ban them.  Does anyone know if this is true? I didn't think they checked hdd size unless you had a flagged GT.

xxKrypt0xx

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2005, 09:06:00 PM »

u got banned cuz your a cheating fag and hopefully u got banned again u n00b.....my xbox is modded but i dont cheat where is the fun in cheating??

raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppppeeeeeee

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2005, 10:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(xxKrypt0xx @ Sep 27 2005, 11:17 PM)
u got banned cuz your a cheating fag and hopefully u got banned again u n00b.....my xbox is modded but i dont cheat where is the fun in cheating??

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2005, 10:34:00 PM »

Okay, like I said, I got banned because of a "chain reaction" when all my other friends got banned.  Do they cheat?  No.  Do I cheat?  No.  We all have modded Xboxes, and have had them since we had our hands on an Xbox, before Halo 2 was even previewed.  If you would like some proof that I don't cheat, my GT is Textb00k, you can own me and then you'll see that not all Xbox modders are cheaters.  In fact, my dual hard drive setup means that the hard drive I'm using when I'm on Live is completely clean.  I didn't want to risk getting banned again.  I played against a cheater today, captured it all on camera, it was not pleasant.  I hate cheaters just as much as everybody else.  In my eyes, Halo 2 mods are great fun on a system link, split-screen, or XBC.  To use them on LIVE is stupid.  It's people like you, who assume that an Xbox modder is a Halo 2 cheater that is making this scene looked down upon.  Everybody wants to blame somebody, and this is the place they come to shoot down because it's the most popular Xbox modding online community.  I hope all cheaters get banned, it's obvious the autoupdate helped a lot, but isn't working like it should.  I believe somebody on this forum said he had found the way around it in only 4 hours.  Unfortunately, some of these cheaters are smart and will find a way around Bungie's efforts.

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2005, 01:08:00 AM »

If anybody wants to watch that video of the cheater, you can download it at:

http://files.filefro...;/fileinfo.html

It ain't the coolest thing in the world, because most of you have been through it before.  It might be interesting.  I sent an email to the Halo 2 cheat hotline and sent the link for the video.  I highly doubt they would take the time to watch it.