xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ahh! Splinter Cell Help!  (Read 72 times)

Majin Gaara

• Archived User
Ahh! Splinter Cell Help!
« on: July 09, 2005, 04:15:00 PM »

OK, today, I bought Splinter Cell from blockbuster and it is the original version, not the platinum hits version. So then i popped it into my xbox, got to the main menu and and i went to START GAME> LINUX> CHECK POINTS and then the screen just goes black and it sits like that. It dosent move becuse i have waited for it like that for atleast 10 minutes! can anyone help me or give me a soft mod pack for splinter cell that will work!? uhh.gif

vingasoline

• Archived User
Ahh! Splinter Cell Help!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 05:13:00 PM »

Do you have both saves for SC on the xbox?  What softmod are you using?

KyesaRRi

• Archived User
Ahh! Splinter Cell Help!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 05:21:00 PM »

Transfer the save to a modded xbox, run the m$ dash, transfer the saves to mem pack. The AR software on the PC screws the exploit up somthing bad

shenmuemaster

• Archived User
Ahh! Splinter Cell Help!
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 05:27:00 PM »

If you are usin the AR software make sure you get both files (there are two for splinter cell)

I used Softmod Installer deluxe and I had to download both files that came with splinter cell(one is called splinter cell and there is another splinter cell file depending on wahat region your game is i.e PAL or NTSC). One is the Linux loader and one is the splinter cell profile.

Ignore me completely if this doesnt apply to you at all. Im in my own little world blink.gif lol

Majin Gaara

• Archived User
Ahh! Splinter Cell Help!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 05:31:00 PM »

aggh! i dont kno anyone with a modded xbox and i dont even gots one! Would a regular xbox memory card work instead of a action replay one cuz i heard that the Action Replay memory card screws up the save file and not the program. So does any one kno if the regular memory card will work??? uhh.gif

Cuz im getting really pissed cuz i cant get a soft modded xbox... grr.gif

shenmuemaster

• Archived User
Ahh! Splinter Cell Help!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2005, 05:39:00 PM »

I used an AR mem card and software and it works just fine

I would send the files to u but thats probably illegal so u kno tongue.gif

Use Softmod Installer Deluxe, cos that works with the AR mem card and software and make sure u download both files.

Get softmod installer from the usual places...

vingasoline

• Archived User
Ahh! Splinter Cell Help!
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2005, 05:39:00 PM »

I never had a problem using AR.  Guess I'm just lucky.  Check your pm.

Majin Gaara

• Archived User
Ahh! Splinter Cell Help!
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2005, 08:34:00 PM »

Well I dont kno how to get krazies to work on my xbox. All i kno is to save it to my memory card and load it on my xbox's hdd. Then run SC and it still dont work. It aint my memory card becuase i was able to transfer other files like halo 2 profiles and burnout 3 profiles, kingdom under fire profiles, ect. and the AR memory card works for me. So i dont kno what the deal is. The screen always just goes black and it just sits there.... Do i have to load the LINUX INSTALLER first?! if so, how do i open it when it is on my xbox?

Dark_Griffin

• Archived User
Ahh! Splinter Cell Help!
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2005, 08:40:00 PM »

The linux installer has the softmod installation files on it, which is why it is much larger than the other. The splinter cell save is simply used to set the game into the emergency linux mode thingy. So all you have to do is start with a clean memory cartridge, drag both the Linux Installer "Install Linux" save and the Splinter Cell "LINUX_Profile" save to it, copy them to your Xbox, start the game, select the profile, and it should blip to a black screen for a few secs, and the softmod installer screen should pop up.  This actually happened to me my second softmodding.  Make sure your splinter cell save is the right type (NTSC or PAL), if still doesn't work, recopy the "SID.Splinter.Cell.v2.0.** Links to Xbox Warez and Torrents **.zip" to Action Replay, etc...

Best of luck
Dark Griff

Majin Gaara

• Archived User
Ahh! Splinter Cell Help!
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2005, 08:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(Majin Gaara @ Jul 9 2005, 07:45 PM)
Well I dont kno how to get krazies to work on my xbox. All i kno is to save it to my memory card and load it on my xbox's hdd. Then run SC and it still dont work. It aint my memory card becuase i was able to transfer other files like halo 2 profiles and burnout 3 profiles, kingdom under fire profiles, ect. and the AR memory card works for me. So i dont kno what the deal is. The screen always just goes black and it just sits there.... Do i have to load the LINUX INSTALLER first?! if so, how do i open it when it is on my xbox?

Majin Gaara

• Archived User
Ahh! Splinter Cell Help!
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2005, 09:11:00 PM »

Ok I just want a friggin soft modded xbox and it aint working. Every SC thingy i try, it either gives me the error 21 or it just stays black....WTF! grr.gif

vingasoline

• Archived User
Ahh! Splinter Cell Help!
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2005, 09:28:00 PM »

1. transfer the 2 saves to the xbox hd, then remove mem card.  Make sure they are the only saves for that game.
2. start game>linux>checkpoints

That should start the installer.  If not, then you must have the wrong copy of SC.

Majin Gaara

• Archived User
Ahh! Splinter Cell Help!
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2005, 09:56:00 PM »

Alright eveyrbody, I dont think i got the right version but i bought it used from blockbuster so tell me if i have the wrong version:

Picture: CD SCAN

Picture: BOX SCAN

So tell me if i got the wrong version and why...

Majin Gaara

• Archived User
Ahh! Splinter Cell Help!
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2005, 12:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(I 7oRtUrE I @ Jul 9 2005, 09:40 PM)
Also I tried with 007 Agent Under Fire - Error 21, I was gonna try to do it with Mechassault but for some reason when I tried to put it into the memory slot it was Not a Valid Xbox Save.

Dark_Griffin

• Archived User
Ahh! Splinter Cell Help!
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2005, 12:12:00 PM »

Here, check to see if the softmod installer zip files have the correct guts in them:
SID.Spinter.Cell.v2.0.NTSC.zip
TitleMeta.xbx
TitleImage.xbx
SaveMeta.xbx
SaveImage.xbx
profile.inf

SID.Splinter.Cell.v2.0.zip
unleashx.rar
TitleMeta.xbx
TitleImage.xbx
softmod.rar
Skin.xml