xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Power On Xbox Then It Reboots  (Read 276 times)

looknbarrel

• Archived User
Power On Xbox Then It Reboots
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2005, 07:52:00 AM »

If i made a new xboxhdm CD with my modded backup like after it was modded with unleashx and stuff will i be able to copy them to my xbox HDD somehow while its in the computer?

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2005, 07:57:00 AM »

As for having the right files i know they are right because i got them from slayers

No wonder you cannot make this work you don't even listen or read correctly what you are advised. Do you know how old the dash files are on slayers 2.5???? What version is your Xbox

The xbox reboots even with a disc in it.

Well the drive is not reading your boot disc then because if you stick slayers or a boot disk in a modded box it will boot the disc even with a blank unformatted HDD.

looknbarrel

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2005, 08:00:00 AM »

I have a version 1.1 xbox i think its old enough do you.

looknbarrel

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2005, 08:02:00 AM »

I know my dvd drive is in working condition because it worked fine before and has always worked fine so im pretty sure its not my dvd drive.I dont have a chip or any exploits on the xbox just plain old MS dashboard so my xbox isnt modded.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2005, 08:07:00 AM »

I know my dvd drive is in working condition

There you go again. I never said your DVD drive was faulty. I said its not reading the disc.
I did just think of something is your box softmodded? If so you are out of luck doing it the way I said.
As you seem to know best i will let you figure it out. Good Luck

looknbarrel

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2005, 08:11:00 AM »

Sorry if i bothered you somehow but is there a way i could get my drive to read the disc.Does the laser need to be clean or something.Also my box was softmodded before i rebuilt "C".

dewdman101

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2005, 08:33:00 AM »

wut modchip do u have, if u mentioned it in ur first post sorry i didnt read ev erything

looknbarrel

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2005, 08:42:00 AM »

I dont have a modchip and have never had a modchip!

looknbarrel

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2005, 11:04:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2005, 12:27:00 PM »

Error 21Typically means you're missing .xip files on your c: drive, or you have .xip's from a different (wrong) dashboard version. To fix simply restore a complete backup of the c: drive.
So your first mess up was in believing the files were the correct ones and/or complete and the right version..
Now as you have a softmodded box (or did) and as you have now a locked drive with no means to unlock it you will need to temporarily hook in a mod chip or permanetly if you want. Once you do that you can then boot with a boot disk and restore the back up of C: you have. If you get error 21 again then your back up is not what you thought it was and you will need to use Slayers 2.6 to restore the dash.
The box is looping as the clock can't be set due to the .xips missing from the dash.
If you CAN unlock your drive then you can restore your back up with Xboxhdm. Once again this may not clear the error if the problem is with the copy of the C: drive you already have.

JohnnyHunng

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2005, 12:33:00 PM »

Betcha he corrupted his tsop some kind of way...He shouldn't be getting reboot like that...If it was just an hdd issue it would boot normally then go to an error screen...

What color is the led on the front of the xbox, does it reboot 3 times then frag or just keep rebooting over and over infinitly?

I'd say corrupted tsop or eeprom.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2005, 12:49:00 PM »

Betcha he corrupted his tsop some kind of way

Nah he was all working till he used Slayers to revert his dash files and stuff.
The box will reboot because it has no mod and the clock xip files are missing at least so its stuck in a clock loop. without a chip to skip the clock check the ordinary bios checks the clock the files are missing so it re-boots. I think he left it on for 4 hours to try and beat it into submission.
Corrupt TSOP is usually a failed flash attempt and it would do the 3 reboot FRAG
Corrupt eeprom and it a RED LED

looknbarrel

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2005, 02:01:00 PM »

So i gotta get a modchip or get the right files for the MS dashboard and make a bootable xboxhdm cd with them in it.Where can i get the files from or all of the original files.

looknbarrel

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2005, 02:07:00 PM »

Oh one more thing i got XIP files in the "C" folder i backed up but im not sure what the name of the missing clock XIP files are.I have one file with the word clock in it(settings_clock.XIP).

JohnnyHunng

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2005, 03:15:00 PM »

I've seen eeproms get corrupted by just doing stuff via ftp (deleting and adding) and sometimes it can be a GREEN FLASHING LED...I asked about tsop corruption cuz i didn't know if he mean treboot over and over or 3 times and frag...

Chancer is right, if it's rebooting over and over, clock loop.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4