xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Slayer 2.6 With Softmod  (Read 27 times)

darkblizzard

• Archived User
Slayer 2.6 With Softmod
« on: April 30, 2005, 01:01:00 PM »

Ok right now i have EVO X on my xbox (No mod chip), but I was thinking of buying another xbox and putting Slayer's Auto Installer 2.6 on it, but i wasn't going to buy a modchip. On the website for Slayer 2.6 they say they dont support softmods with it but it doesnt really say 100% that it doesnt work with softmods, just that its hard. So does anyone know how to use Slayer 2.6 with a new xbox without a modchip?

Winchy

• Archived User
Slayer 2.6 With Softmod
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 01:37:00 PM »

I installed evo x with a softmod + slayers...had major problems...if you don't know what you're doing...don't do it! Just download EvoX V+3935 and do it that way... and maybe install more apps with auto installer>?

darkblizzard

• Archived User
Slayer 2.6 With Softmod
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 01:57:00 PM »

what problems does it cause?

darkblizzard

• Archived User
Slayer 2.6 With Softmod
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 03:40:00 PM »

Does anyone know what problems, if any, that you might have if you first install Evo X with a softmod and then Install Slayer 2.6?  (No mod chip involved)

darkblizzard

• Archived User
Slayer 2.6 With Softmod
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2005, 05:43:00 PM »

anybody?  unsure.gif

leetsaucer

• Archived User
Slayer 2.6 With Softmod
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2005, 05:47:00 PM »

yeah i got a big problem when i did mine it would boot up to some error code dont remeber what it was off hand but it still read disks so i put in mech assault again and reinstalled to softmod i was so worried i screwd up my xbox there is a way you can install just the apps if thats what your looking for

darkblizzard

• Archived User
Slayer 2.6 With Softmod
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2005, 05:49:00 PM »

Well i didn't use mech for mine, i used Splinter Cell...if anybody knows of any problems with using slayer 2.6 with a softmod, or how to go about doing it my AIM is DarkBlizzard007, or you can post it here i suppose

modbox_

• Archived User
Slayer 2.6 With Softmod
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2005, 05:54:00 PM »

A softmod runs by changing files on your C drive, if you then use Slayers it almost always formats the C drive and reinstalls the MS dash which overwrites your softmod files on the C drive, causing the softmod to be deleted, also Slayers will install Evox to either C, F, or G, but your softmod may be searching for E:\Dashboard for evox so agian, it wont boot evox. Slayers is only to be used for Chipped/TSOP'ed Xbox's. Download the LATEST versions of the apps you want from the usual place, then install them manually to your softmodded xbox.

Winchy

• Archived User
Slayer 2.6 With Softmod
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2005, 05:55:00 PM »

I used Splinter Cell...

I installed Evo X with it and booted an error... then renames something and it wouldn't even load discs... Caused me a lot of trouble.

If you wanna install evo x from it u just ftp the files from wherever to the xbiox... I'd suggest downloading evo x V+3935 and ftpings the .xbe across

triggernum5

• Archived User
Slayer 2.6 With Softmod
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2005, 09:18:00 PM »

If you need stuff off the slayers cd, get a program like qwix and extract the iso to your pc..  Then you can either ftp them to the xbox or burn them to a cd to transfer them to where you want them instead of where slayers puts them..  Slayers was built with chips/tsops in mind not softmods aforementioned warnings should definately be heeded..

darkblizzard

• Archived User
Slayer 2.6 With Softmod
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2005, 09:25:00 PM »

I want slayer 2.6 because my friend in my xbox clan told me it has alot more than Evo X

And...So is there a way to install Slayer WITHOUT first having EVO X so that it doesnt overwrite EVO X ? (without a modchip)

EDIT:...and I extracted the files from the slayer ISO so i can view the files...could i maybe now copy all the files over to my box or something to overwrite EVO...(im getting a little confused  unsure.gif )

xman954

• Archived User
Slayer 2.6 With Softmod
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2005, 09:42:00 PM »

I want slayer 2.6 because my friend in my xbox clan told me it has alot more than Evo X

lots of good apps
I extracted the files from the slayer ISO so i can view the files
FTP the apps to E:\apps or F:\apps
edit you current evox.ini to look for them (may allready be that way)

darkblizzard

• Archived User
Slayer 2.6 With Softmod
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2005, 09:44:00 PM »

Now exactly what extra $hit does Slayer have? My friend keeps telling me to get it and that its so so so much better than EVO and easier to use...so is the only difference the Apps?

darkblizzard

• Archived User
Slayer 2.6 With Softmod
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2005, 10:02:00 PM »

Any answers my fellow xbox junkies?  unsure.gif

triggernum5

• Archived User
Slayer 2.6 With Softmod
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2005, 06:46:00 AM »

Saying slayers has more than evox is like saying Windows with alot of apps installed has more than windows..  Slayers is evox..
Pages: [1] 2