xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Thompson Petition  (Read 360 times)

dmoney1012k5

• Archived User
Thompson Petition
« on: March 27, 2005, 12:39:00 PM »

have you had problems with the Thompson DVD drive? If so, sign your name here and I'm going to get M$ people to see it. I've heard of soemone who got them to replace his Thompson for a Samsung. We need to get them to do that for all of us. Mods, if this is in the wrong forum, please move it for me because I'm not sure where it should go, and I figured more people would see it in the Newbie Chat.

killerbootsman

• Archived User
Thompson Petition
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 12:40:00 PM »

wtf. if you opened your xbox (voiding the warentee), you really think they will replace a shitty drive for a nice one.

*edit* when it comes to playing retail games off a disk, all drives do the same. MS would be helping modders if they gave them samsungs.

shadow mazter

• Archived User
Thompson Petition
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 12:41:00 PM »

Sign: Bravo568

Stupid topic though cause they wont listen to us modders

dmoney1012k5

• Archived User
Thompson Petition
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 12:46:00 PM »

i haven't modded mine yet.

btw: i talked to someone who talked to them and they replaced the drive, and paid for shipping.

elibom

• Archived User
Thompson Petition
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2005, 12:54:00 PM »

signs

do i get one for each xbox? (cause they both got thompsons)

dmoney1012k5

• Archived User
Thompson Petition
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 12:59:00 PM »

probably. just keep on bothering them about it. the guy i talked to threatned to tell the bbb. don't bother with this if your thompson is still good.  it should be like mine (get a dde every 5 minutes of gameplay literally)

elibom

• Archived User
Thompson Petition
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 01:07:00 PM »

Do we want M$ to come to this site? Shouldn't we put this on a site like GameFAQS.com

dmoney1012k5

• Archived User
Thompson Petition
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 01:08:00 PM »

everyone keep signing. i want to get about 4 pages of signatures. maybe this should be a pinned topic! DOWN WITH THOMPSON grr.gif

nj12nets

• Archived User
Thompson Petition
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005, 01:19:00 PM »

signs, gotten dde's on non scratched retail games from blockbuster.

nj12nets

• Archived User
Thompson Petition
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2005, 01:20:00 PM »

double post

FallsInc

• Archived User
Thompson Petition
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2005, 01:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(elibom @ Mar 27 2005, 02:13 PM)
Do we want M$ to come to this site? Shouldn't we put this on a site like GameFAQS.com

Silent Assassin88

• Archived User
Thompson Petition
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2005, 01:58:00 PM »

Ill sign,  My first unmodded xbox has one and its just getting worse

Chancer

• Archived User
Thompson Petition
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2005, 02:04:00 PM »

You are joking right? Do you really think M$ is going to pay any attention? the Thomson drives that are reported here are mainly struggling with non Original games and are only a very small minority of the Total of Thomson drives that are working perfectly well in unmodded boxes run by people who never even come here. Companies are under no obligation to sort out replacements for components which you believe are faulty unless you can prove there is a safety issue or the equipment has an inherrent fault. Ring M$ and ask how many complaints they have had and what they will do. First thing they will say is nobody else has the problem and follow it through with Why did you not report this whilst Under warranty.
If you want to take on M$ start a website and invite interest from every Xbox owner. Don't risk using Xbox Scene for a personal crusade.
Yes I know everyone always knows someone who has had them replaced just like everyone knows people who can run PS2 games on the Xbox

dmoney1012k5

• Archived User
Thompson Petition
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2005, 02:08:00 PM »

if your not going to sign, then don't post in this thread. I don't care if your a downer, don't try to bring everyone else down. plus, plenty of us are still under warranty.

Chancer

• Archived User
Thompson Petition
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2005, 02:11:00 PM »

if your not going to sign, then don't post in this thread. I don't care if your a downer

Did you not really understand. this is not the correct place to have a petition. If you want a petition then you need to do it using your own vehicle for it. For kick off you need traceable names and addresses for it. Do you think companies accept forum users nicknames as proof.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4