xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Aladdin Advance + Bios Issues?  (Read 44 times)

Chancer

• Archived User
Aladdin Advance + Bios Issues?
« on: March 29, 2004, 01:47:00 AM »

Cromwell will not load any unsigned code such as evox. If you have cromwell on your chip you need to make up a bios cd with M7 or an xecuter bios on it name the file BIOS.BIN. Insert this disc when prompted at boot up and wait for it to flash the chip. Then once flashed you can load your evox and stuff

Bumble

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 05:07:00 AM »

sad.gif I thought perhaps that it was a Legal version of Executer2 with limitations set in. Like a good flash with limits for legal reasons versus a bad flash which required removing chip and starting over. I am The NOOB

Klatu

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 05:16:00 AM »

QUOTE (Bumble @ Mar 29 2004, 08:07 AM)
sad.gif I thought perhaps that it was a Legal version of Executer2 with limitations set in. Like a good flash with limits for legal reasons versus a bad flash which required removing chip and starting over. I am The NOOB

you didn't answer any of my questions  uhh.gif

riaawho

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 05:24:00 AM »

How do you flash the cromwell 2.29 bios?   I have downloaded Xecuter 4981- but I dont know what bios to use.  The aladdin is a 256kb bios.  Here is my xecuter files

Xecuter2 4981 bios

4981.06 bin file-256kb
4981.67 bin file-256kb
make1mb dos batch file-1kb
x2_4981 MSI Doc-11kb
x2_IGR_disabled File-0
Dummy.dat- 100mb

Which file do I use, and do I have to make a bios bin since the files are in bin form already? How do I know if they have been "converted" already?  My box says loading linuxboot- then stops, just sits there.  What do I rename the files?, Which ones?  Help this noob please.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2004, 06:52:00 AM »

Use the 4981.06 256kb bios file and burn it to a CDRW rename it before you burn it to BIOS.BIN (just like that). when you get the prompt stick in the disk and wait for it to flash you may have to try this a lot of times as sometimes it does not recognise the disc.

Cuz3452

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2004, 07:26:00 AM »

Also u wanna make sure your xbox can read the cdrw, Ive noticed people have had certain promblems with cheaper media, if you have a samsung u can pop in out a cd-r and it should load fine, just a suggestion if u cant get everything to work, Maxwell has always worked for me