xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Idiot Here That Needs Help!  (Read 60 times)

• Archived User
Idiot Here That Needs Help!
« on: March 17, 2004, 01:01:00 PM »

And, by the way, I can put my original Hdd into my friends no mod chip modded xbox, and it will boot the ms dash without any errors.

Orgness

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 01:03:00 PM »

reflash it with 4981

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 01:05:00 PM »

I believe what I did was flash the bios of my Xbox that had an embedded eeprom in it. Because now, I get error 5 with the Hdd locked with original password, and error 6 with it unlocked.

There is no such thing as a BIOS with an embedded EEPROM. The BIOS is wrote to the TSOP, not the EEPROM chip. They are two seperate things. It's like putting gas into your car and the windshield fluid is getting filled too from the gas.

And, by the way, I can put my original Hdd into my friends no mod chip modded xbox, and it will boot the ms dash without any errors.

That's impossible. Your HD is locked with the key of your Xbox's EEPROM. You can not swap locked HDs with other Xboxes.. unless your friend had the same EEPROM as your Xbox.

So.

I guess the question is.. how did you try to flash your BIOS in the first place?

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 01:06:00 PM »

BTW, to find out what the HD keys are, you have to load the EEPROM in Liveinfo for the PC.. or Configmagic if you can load it on your Xbox.

There isn't such HD information in a BIOS

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 02:19:00 PM »

Now that I have the original bin back on the original hdd, I can't get the damn thing to lock.  That is what I am sure I need to get it going.

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 03:22:00 PM »

Could I flash my friend's xbox eeprom with a copy of mine, so that they would be identical, then install my hdd into his, lock it down, and then put in mine?

I could use HDD_Driver to transfer all of the files that I would need to run Evox, then install my Hdd, lock it down with ConfigMagic, then delete all of the files that I don't need, essentially putting the hdd back to stock, then install it back into mine.

What would I need to use?  The upgrade Eeprom option in ConfigMagic?