xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Save Games From The Original Hdd  (Read 64 times)

-={Nexus}=-

• Archived User
Save Games From The Original Hdd
« on: December 03, 2003, 02:44:00 PM »

hey all,

well i just bought a memory card quite recently without doing much research apparently because i'm stuck right now.  

i have a normal unmodded xbox and thought that i could transfer the save games from the ms dashboard from the hdd to the memory card so as to transfer them over when i mod the xbox.

can anyone help me?

is there even a way to do this?

thnx

i hope i didn't waste my money on that stoopid memory card

-={Nexus}=-

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2003, 02:49:00 PM »

hey taxi! ,

thx for the fast response,

well i searched around in there,

couldnt' find any option to let me

i also thought of that whole deal with the loading the game and resaving to the card.

though was hoping there might be another way

thnx man

taxi!!!

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2003, 02:57:00 PM »

I guess I missed the whole bit about modding his box, else that is exactly whay I would have suggested - although it took a while before I found where the save-games were stored.

And then, I didn't get to transfer them, because I got my BIOS & EEPROM mixed up, and now my xbox can't unlock my retail HD.  Lucky I was going to replace it anyways.

Which reminds me [OT] - does anyone know the password SlaYers 2.5 uses to lock drives?

(So I can unlock on a PC - not that I have one yet)

TAXI!!!

-={Nexus}=-

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2003, 03:02:00 PM »

but doesn't installing evox (using slayers) format your hdd?

ColKurtz

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2003, 03:06:00 PM »

Don't use Slayers at first.  Go to the Evox forum here and read the tuts.  It's very easy to create a basic Evox boot disc.  Boot to that, which will set up an FTP server.  Back up your files, then use Slayers to format the new drive (and install Evox/apps), then copy your E: data back over to the new drive.

On a related note, I was disappointed after using slayers.  It was fun modding my box.  Getting the hardware modded is only half the battle.  I haven't learned the proper way to install and configure apps because Slayers means you don't have to learn.  It's a great tool if you just want the thing to work, but a definate buzzkill if you're enjoying learning how to mod.  Just my opinion.

-={Nexus}=-

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2003, 03:39:00 PM »

ah jeez i got it now.

woot

nezff

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2003, 05:15:00 PM »

put all ur savegames from ur msdash on a memory card and put them back on the ms dash on the new hdd. thats it. i did the same thing.