xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Error 13  (Read 76 times)

muggs

• Archived User
Error 13
« on: November 29, 2003, 05:51:00 AM »

Could you please translate that into standard English? (British or American)

muggs

Serious Sam

• Archived User
Error 13
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2003, 06:00:00 AM »

Yes English would help out alot  laugh.gif  

Error 13 means your dash file is messed up or named wrong. You have to boot from an Evox cd, FTP to your C: partition and fix your dash file

muggs

• Archived User
Error 13
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2003, 07:01:00 AM »

I had the same problem when I first used the slayers auto installer all I had to do was get it to read the disc, took a few tries, and reinstall it.

http://forums.xbox-s...18&t=125848&hl=

muggs

HAL2001

• Archived User
Error 13
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2003, 07:24:00 AM »

check d0

muggs

• Archived User
Error 13
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2003, 07:29:00 AM »

I can't remember exactly I think I put in a game and rebooted and it started the game then I ejected the game put in the auto installer and rebooted. If that doesn't work just keep turning it on and off with the installer in.

d0 is the tiny point on the mother board.

muggs

HAL2001

• Archived User
Error 13
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2003, 07:41:00 AM »

do is the relatively small solder point on the backside of the motherboard.  By soldering to it, it provides a zero amp short to the ms bios which allows the bios on your matrix chip to be loaded instead.  Because d0 is such a small solder point, and because you say it worked yesterday, my guess is the the wire came loose and the reason you can't launch a dash is because there is a conflict with your ms bios trying to boot and your matrix bios trying to boot through the LPC points.  But it's just a guess.

Anyway, take your xbox apart. Pull out the motherboard, flip it over (unless you soldered d0 onto the via point on the top of the motherboard, either way it's the wire that *isn't* connect to the LPC port, perhaps it is grey) and make sure the d0 solder point is still secure.  If it isn't, I reckon, that's yer problem.

hal.

cleverdave2k

• Archived User
Error 13
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2003, 07:44:00 AM »

going take it apart now see if its the wire ill post any probs

muggs

• Archived User
Error 13
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2003, 07:48:00 AM »

It just booted it up. Have you tried to turn on the Xbox with the modchip off? Did you put in a new HDD or is it original?

muggs

cleverdave2k

• Archived User
Error 13
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2003, 07:48:00 AM »

sum shites knicked me screwdrivers going have to put that on hold ime not sure ive got a matrix in the person who chipped it sed ive got a x-ecuter evox is saying ive got matrix but the chip sez on npc or summit like that so dunna know wot the bloody hell it is

muggs

• Archived User
Error 13
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2003, 07:58:00 AM »

Try powering on the Xbox ny pushing the eject button instead of the power button. Some chips without a switch are bypassed that way.

muggs

cleverdave2k

• Archived User
Error 13
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2003, 08:27:00 AM »

can sume one change me heading to error 14 as it looks like me probs changed everytime now its 14 wishing it was back to 13 then i could still be able play me games .me bloody dogs fault going string it up ok thnx any help for error 14 then guys

HAL2001

• Archived User
Error 13
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2003, 08:53:00 AM »

just tryed turning xbxox upside down didnt sound to good so might leave that idea

further indication that the chip or solder points inside have come loose.

hal.

cleverdave2k

• Archived User
Error 13
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2003, 10:25:00 AM »

its ok just been doing some investigating and it seems i got a cheap mod on a lpc base thing hope this makes sence to u all pins look correct and solder still there so thas not the problem the d0 is is correct aswell still connected so nothing to do with me motherboard unless i missed summit but all seems perfect so this can rules out must be summit up with the files ok any more suggestions let me know plz dave

muggs

• Archived User
Error 13
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2003, 10:26:00 AM »

look at the pictures in this tutorial it will show you where it is.

http://www.xbox-scen...reparing-d0.php

muggs

HAL2001

• Archived User
Error 13
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2003, 01:14:00 PM »

If it is in fact the files on your hard drive, you could always create a boot disc with xcommander or boxplorer and the default application to check out the files.

To find out how to create a boot disc with xcommander or boxplorer as the default app check out this thread:

Total n00b guide to everything

Scroll about half-way down to the "Alternative to FTP-ing" section.  That way you can view your files without having to FTP into your xbox.  Of course you could also create an evox boot disc and FTP into it too. Either way it'll work.

hal.
Pages: [1] 2