xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tutorial For Dvd2xbox  (Read 147 times)

nezff

• Archived User
Tutorial For Dvd2xbox
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2003, 08:14:00 PM »

let me ask this, why the hell are u copying the game to the hdd and then to the pc and then back.  copy the game to the hdd to play off ur xbox.  copy the game from your xbox to ur pc to make an iso of the game and patch it and then burn it to dvd.

Fawk3s

• Archived User
Tutorial For Dvd2xbox
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2003, 08:15:00 PM »

smile.gif

screett

• Archived User
Tutorial For Dvd2xbox
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2003, 08:16:00 PM »

I want to store my games on my PC's hard drive.  I have 4, 120gig drives in my PC and I want to keep all the games on it.  I wanted to test to see how the transfer would behave from my PC.  Some games did well.  However, Enter the Matrix skipped about 30 files.

nezff

• Archived User
Tutorial For Dvd2xbox
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2003, 08:21:00 PM »

ok then copy the game to ur pc, make and iso and patch it. ur done.
if u want to copy the game to the xbox, then use the dvd2xbox app and thats it.

screett

• Archived User
Tutorial For Dvd2xbox
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2003, 08:23:00 PM »

Ok, this is where it gets fuzzy for me.  Do I patch the ISO or the default.xbe BEFORE making the ISO?  I'm assuming I used Craxtion for this.  What is the purpose for "patching" the game?  Thanks for all the help.

nezff

• Archived User
Tutorial For Dvd2xbox
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2003, 08:25:00 PM »

ok. u ftp all files from D: when u have the game in the xbox dvd drive to ur pc. then u make a iso file with SimpleXiso.  then use ADR patcher and run the whole iso through the patcher and patch it. thats it. its done.  patching is done for the newer games to run from the hdd. it patches for media flags in the Feb2003 and newer games out.

screett

• Archived User
Tutorial For Dvd2xbox
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2003, 08:47:00 PM »

Doesn't Craxtion patch these newer games?

nezff

• Archived User
Tutorial For Dvd2xbox
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2003, 08:48:00 PM »

do u have dvd2xbox? if so, use it to copy the original game to ur hdd. don't transfer anything.

screett

• Archived User
Tutorial For Dvd2xbox
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2003, 09:01:00 PM »

Has no one ever had problems with FlashFXP (or other FTP apps) skipping files when transferring from PC to XBox?  I even used Internet Explorer's FTP feature to see if it would skip the same files and it DID.  Why is the XBox not accepting these files?  When the game was copied to the XBox's hard drive using DVD2XBox, the game ran fine.  After transferring the game to my PC using FlashFXP (which transferred fine without skipping files), erasing the game off of the XBox, and then retransferring the game back to the XBox later using FlashFXP or Internet Explorer, some files were skipped.  I understand how to pull the files off of the game and transferring the game and making backup DVDs of the games.  That's not the problem.  I do not want to make DVD backups of the games.  I just want to store them on my PC's hard drive.  However, if the entire game won't transfer back, what's the point?

screett

• Archived User
Tutorial For Dvd2xbox
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2003, 09:02:00 PM »

deleted

screett

• Archived User
Tutorial For Dvd2xbox
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2003, 09:21:00 PM »

Ok, I feel stupid now.  I figured out why the XBox was skipping files.  It's hard drive was FULL (or at least the folder was full).  I'm using the factory drive with a folder in the C folder called GAMES with the games in there.  What is the best folder to use?  This drive has NO games on it.  This particular game is only 800 megs.

heinrich

• Archived User
Tutorial For Dvd2xbox
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2003, 09:26:00 PM »

lol, dont store games or apps on the C drive.  Use F if you have one, and if not, you are stuck with the little space on E:.

And also, there is NO APP that 'gets around' the filelength 'problem'.  Its the filesystem that is limiting it, not any app or bios.

heinrich

• Archived User
Tutorial For Dvd2xbox
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2003, 09:51:00 PM »

Size - (Drive Letter) Description
5 MB - (None - You dont see)Disk Config Area
500 MB - (C:) System Files
4895 MB - (E:) Data
<anything left over 8gig> - (F:)
750 MB - (X:) Game Cache A #DONT
750 MB - (Y:) Game Cache B #USE
750 MB - (Z:) Game Cache C #THESE

heinrich

• Archived User
Tutorial For Dvd2xbox
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2003, 10:03:00 PM »

QUOTE (screett @ Oct 9 2003, 01:57 AM)
Are these "game cache files" game save data?

No, its chache files.   'Temp files' .  all save games, music ripped with the ms dash, etc, are on E.

Also, in Evox under Launch Menu, how do I edit evox.ini to point to the E folder for my games?  When I access EVOX, I go to the games folder and the game is not there.  I have to go through the E drive to get to the game.  It's a minor problem, but I would like to see the game in that folder.

http://tutorials.xbox-scene.com
Read the complete guide to setting up evox.ini
Pages: 1 [2]