xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Questions  (Read 30 times)

-={Nexus}=-

• Archived User
Questions
« on: July 26, 2003, 11:37:00 PM »

i've just hooked up the y power extension to the main power supply that feeds into the hdd.

the sequence of colors is yellow, black one, black two, and red.

why is there two blacks?

both work when i linked a little mini fan's red to the y-extension's red and the fan's black to either of the y extension's black wires.

i'm going to be making my own led circuit to sit under the jewel.
i'm just wondering if it will matter.

and another quesiton i have pertaining to the LED project.  i'm just gonna be using simple wires from LED to LED.  i've  never really done anything like this before.  will i need to use resistors? caz i was just planning on linking all the Led's in one circuit and to the power supply.

thnx for your help.

-={Nexus}=-

• Archived User
Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2003, 10:24:00 AM »

no one has  answers to my questions?

roar

• Archived User
Questions
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2003, 10:26:00 AM »

and another quesiton i have pertaining to the LED project. i'm just gonna be using simple wires from LED to LED. i've never really done anything like this before. will i need to use resistors? caz i was just planning on linking all the Led's in one circuit and to the power supply.

The resistor you need to use will depend on the power source you are getting your power from and the voltage your led's are rated at.

Read this post before you hook up your led's or you will likely burn them all out.

http://forums.xbox-s...ST&f=24&t=61484