xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Some People Are Just As Bad As M$  (Read 395 times)

shorty

• Archived User
Some People Are Just As Bad As M$
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2003, 02:07:00 PM »

Taco, i dont think he really got flamed, most of the posts were really helpfull/informative, DVL we are all for the most part more than happy to help and see at the end of the day a happy chappy with a modded xbox who can join us in the delights that are to be had, if you have any probs dont be afraid to ask, even PM me if you like, i'll help with what i can.

And i dont think you really made an ass of yourself, whatever was said your reply later was good and un-kid like, and thats something thats missing alot around here.

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2003, 03:02:00 PM »

Hmm, if you need help just pm me man.  Im pretty easy going and ive been around a while.  No guru for sure, but I'll help where i can.

chefelf

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2003, 08:25:00 AM »

wink.gif  I spent far more than $350.00 on my first mod.  And you will too if you go with that setup.  If you don't have it you will also need a soldering gun, torx bits, solder, etc.

Bottom line:  If you aren't interested in modding as a learning experience then don't bother.   I think that a lot of people have this false notion that modding an Xbox is an easy way to get games for free.  For one thing that is piracy, and for another thing it isn't easy.  If it were easy there would be 13 million modded Xboxes out there.

Anyway, have some patience and do a LOT of reading before you do anything.  Don't jump into anything if you are unsure.  You will always get an answer to any questions (not covered by tutorials ;-) ) simply by posting here.  And a lot of the time they will even answer those covered in tutorials.  It's a great site.

TB_88

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2003, 08:59:00 AM »

smile.gif ... and when it arived I was freaked out...
My ahnd was shakign when I opened the xbox..
When I saw the little chip I fraked out too it was so small...

Before I placed the chip I put some solder on the points (lpc's they are not filled in the newer xbox's) so I got liek a tip... then i jsut aligened the chip or placed the chipon the points then just melting some solder on the soldering iron (15w or 12w recomended) and then tutched the points... the solder floted down in the joles I was liek wtf!!! this is too easy what have I been afraid of?

ten the d0 (a small point every lpc mod have to be soldered too... (there is a bigger d0 on the back of the mobo)

After I finished moding I closed my xbox and then ran down the stairs and plugged it in..

Then I booted up my evox cd (a dashboard with ftp server) and the cd booted!!! first time..

I ha a thompson drive and people said it maybe did not read cdrw's I was little woried...

Ops why did I post all this Sorry!!!
I was just trying to help im...
ph34r.gif

lamt

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2003, 11:28:00 AM »

dvl,
At least it's nice to see someone admit that a mistake was made on their respect and that we really do want to help when the proper effort is put in by all the parties concerned.
Just a note, if you haven't noticed yet, the two best places to go and get the most frequently asked questions are the tutorials and the pinned intems.
Good Luck

dvl

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2003, 12:48:00 PM »

Lamt, right on.  It's nice to finally get help from people, but I'm getting a whole lot more out of this now that I know what questions to ask.  I can't complain about the help I've gotten through email, pm, and posts to this thread.  After drifting around the web and visiting weak forums, it looks like I hit the jackpot here.  You guys have been a big help.  I know I still have a long way to go, but progress has been made.  

Just for the record, I ordered a Samsung hdd and xecuter 2.2 pro.  I figure the pro would be a little more veristile for playing different formats of games, Mutli kernal, and flash updateable too.  My girl is going to kill me for spending more money on vg's, but hey, what are you gonna do?  I'll have plenty of time to look more material over before I get started.  If you guys happen to see that I need something else let me know.

So far I have...

xbx

Sodering Iron, desodering braid, heat sink, soder, and some other crap

Xecuter 2.2 pro chip

And Samsung 120gb hdd

Hopefully by this time next week every thing will have been delivered.  I hope I have my stuff together and .will be ready to make my xbox a bigger brute then it already is.

X30n

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2003, 01:02:00 PM »

A big hammer.

Use:  To hit your self over the head when you become to frustrated with the progress of modding you xbox.  

Reason: This will save you from throwing your xbox into the wall when you think you fucked something up.  Useing the hammer will give you a break from your modding duties and give you time to thing about other things(like how much of a headache you have now).  

enjoy and have fun.  Its not has hard as it looks.  

I do suggest this:  Before your stuff gets there.  Get to know your xbox.  Take it all apart.  Look at where you d0 hole is.  Look at where you are going to put your chip.  Look at all the wires you are going to disconnect and remember where they go when you connect them back up.  

Also, get all the software you need to make your bios, iso and ect.  Have CDRWs on hand.  GET slayers auto-installer, it will save you alot of time and heartache.

daniel_8775

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2003, 01:06:00 PM »

smile.gif its not that hard. and yes i know a shit load about computers... html, hardware, software, some c++ but you dont need that much knowledge. dont worry, ull do fine.

TB_88

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2003, 03:29:00 PM »

smile.gif
this is for live mostly

and do not I repeate do not acces any live tabs with modchip on u don't wanna get abnned before u even got live!!!

murdza420

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2003, 03:34:00 PM »

QUOTE (dvl @ Jul 24 2003, 08:44 PM)
Like I said shanafan, I'm a little frusterated right now.  It seems like everyone hates Bill Gates for his business practices, and the firs chance people get to make a quick buck, they do the same thing that the point the finger at MS for doing.  I thought people wanted to crack the code so that the little people could get the full use out of thier xbox?  I didn't know that they did it so that every techi could open up a site and turn a quick buck?  I'm not trying to judge, but there are plenty of people who are too lazy to bother trying to mod their system, and are willing to pay to have someone else do it.  Why is it that it's so hard for the average guy to get the info to do it.  I guess I'm just being niave about the whole thing.  

Haven't you heard the term "not to ever kick someone while they're down"?  Why don't you help me instead of laughing at me.

lol, even so, the ppl selling $350 consoles don't have a couple billion dollars in their pocket.

murdza420

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2003, 08:20:00 PM »

ur dumb...

drudown

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2003, 08:59:00 PM »

QUOTE (dvl @ Jul 24 2003, 08:18 PM)
I'm kinda pissed off.  I've been searching for info on modding my xbox for a few weeks now.  I know most people here aren't just knowledgable about vgs, but they know a azz load about  computers, math and other stuff that is completely foriegn to me.  All I know about here are the video games.  I'm not stupid, but if you haven't been exposed to this a lot, or get a little help, this isn't the easiest process to pick up on.  My question is, why is it that so few people are willing to help a newbe, but if you come with some horrid, impossible question about programming your xbox to be an answering machine, every is there to help out?

I don't mean to step on toes because I haven't been around here for a long time, but This sucks.  I know it's not your fault that I'm not smart enough to figure this out, but come on.  You guys could do a little more to help out the newbies, and spread the knowledge.  I thought that was what the whole hack was for. Worse yet, I see tons of adds for people selling pre mod xbox's for $350!  Who do you guys think you are, Bill Gates or something?

I just had to get that off my chest.  I've had a long day of trying to get info to mod my xbox, and I don't feel like I've gotten any further then the first day I started after this.  If anyone has a good tutorial, or can help point me in the right direction, I'd love the help.

Regards,

One pissed off gamer! mad.gif

i can understand this kids point most of the ppl on this forum ar bitch ass fags.

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2003, 09:12:00 PM »

dvl, yeah, you can play live witha  mod chip.  since you aren't going to be flashing your bios tremendously, i would recommend getting an Xecuter 2.2 Lite.  All you'll have to do is make sure you didn't boot the xbox with the modded chip running and you'd be good to go for live.  I hadn't been here for long either and I see why some ppl can get frustrated b/c they are getting asked the same question left and right but I feel ya too man.  I just finished my first mod and I had to come here a few times to get some simple answers that I just skipped over or couldnt find.  If you really have done a lot of reading and can't still find it, then ask and explain that.  I find ppl listen more when you plead and tell them you've just read for the last hour and cant find the answer.  lol.  Well, good luck and if you need any help whatsoever, pm me... I'm willing to help the best I can!

Ill187

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2003, 06:55:00 PM »

CODE
You can find it! Good luck, Corky!

Welcome to macdonalds how may I help yuu??
Ohh, man I haven't heard that in a while!

I can't beleive this guy's getting real replies.
I didn't read pages 2 and 3.... no need to.
DVL I hope you got you shit straightend out. It takes time to get answers unless you get lucky. People here love to help, and you'll get everthing working.
Oh, I sell premods for $199!!!

Fully_Baked

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2003, 11:03:00 AM »

check out http://www.xbox-scene.com/ for all your modding questions
Pages: 1 [2] 3