xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Some People Are Just As Bad As M$  (Read 397 times)

shanafan

• Archived User
Some People Are Just As Bad As M$
« on: July 24, 2003, 11:35:00 AM »

Tutorial for what? Knowing which board to properly post in?

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2003, 11:41:00 AM »

QUOTE (dvl @ Jul 24 2003, 03:37 PM)
Like I said, I haven't posted to these forums much because I haven't been here long.  That still doesn't mean you have to be a tool.  You get the point of what I was trying to say.  Don't make a big deal out of it.

No, not really. If you are mad that people are selling pre-modded Xboxes for a lot of money, then post in the GENERAL board or SUGGESTIONS board....not an online gaming board...

dvl

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2003, 11:47:00 AM »

I can't believe this?  It's easier to start a beef in these forums then it is to get some freakin help?  I guess I didn't realize which board I was in till you mentioned that.  My bad.  I'm not use to these forums yet.  The gaming sites that I ususally visit have a very different format from this.

TacoBalls

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2003, 11:47:00 AM »

I'll be a "tool" as well and tell you that your complaints aren't really noted enough for people to care.  Just my general consensus after being here a while.  

If you've ever been to XBOX-SCENE you may have seen the "tutorials" link.  

You can find it!   Good luck, Corky!

NoseBreaker

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2003, 11:57:00 AM »

dvl: You think everyone who chipped their xbox had to go into a forum to know how? No, most (if not all) downloaded pictures of how you modded the xbox (with whatever chip you want to use) and that's easy to find whenever you know the name of your chip...

..and before you start asking us whatever chip you should buy, you need to know what you need it to..

http://www.xbox-scene.com (you probably know of that one, since you are in the forum)
http://www.google.com (Another good site)

That's two links, and it's all you need.

sleeping.gif

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2003, 12:02:00 PM »

Chances are a premod for $350.00 includes a larger hard drive, which makes it not unreasonable at all.

Also, you're not going to be whipping anyone's asses.  Looks like you're mouthing off a real lot, but are complaining that people shouldn't be expected to read tutorials, essentially.  Obviously I enjoy helping people turn their Xbox into an answering machine for the first time a hell of a lot more than I like coaching a newbie through making an ISO for the 672nd time.

dvl

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2003, 12:11:00 PM »

One more thing guys, I can tell by your posts that you must get questions like these everyday.  Sorry for making you feel like your wasting your time by telling me where I need to go.  Like I said, I usually hang out at multiplatform sites like gamepro, and ign.  I hope I can come up with more specific questions so that I can stay out of your hair.  At least now I know someone is out there listening.  Thanks.

dvl

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2003, 12:13:00 PM »

And thanks for the links nosebreaker.

NoseBreaker

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2003, 12:20:00 PM »

You need to open your xbox, forget about using some exploit (you don't need to open your xbox then, but that's a lot to do, and a chip is much better)

All you need is a chip and xbox.

Sure a 120 GB harddrive would be good to have, but you don't _need_ it, it's just for more space to backup games, movies etc.

dvl

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2003, 12:30:00 PM »

So I definetly need a chip.  That's good to know.  If I get a chip, will I be able to play through LIVE, or should I not mod if I'm going to use LIVE?  I won't need a chip that allows me to program stuff because all I really do is play games.  What is a good chip to get to do that?

NoseBreaker

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2003, 12:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (shorty @ Jul 24 2003, 10:32 PM)
You could consider the whole of xbox scene and the forums (search) as the "complete" tutorial that you are after, all the info is here, and if its not there are alot of helpfull people around to answer q's, no offence, but judging by the first post here, i wouldnt have helped you, you need a bit of common courtesy (sp), maybe your other posts were fine, i didnt see them, if so then i withdraw my last statement and offer my sincerest apologies </mild sarcasm>

So what exactly do you need to know?

I agree...

Asking those questions.. ..For us it's like asking how to pee unsure.gif

-

Yes you can use Live, then you need a chip wich support on/off feature.. But if I were you, i would choose either Live or chip, because whenever you want to use Live, you must turn it off, and use an original game.. Live and chip on = banned..

Why "If I were _you_"? Look at your thread in one month, when you have your xbox chipped...

flat235

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2003, 01:20:00 PM »

All this is really good , and I'm not being funny, but wtf is it doing in this forum?

This is a forum for XLink support.

TheDaddy

dvl

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2003, 01:23:00 PM »

I'm sorry if I stepped on any toes with that first post.  Believe me, that was more out of frustration then anything.  I have a lot of respect for you guys because you've figured out something that kinda has me stumped at this point.  Not everyone can just pick this stuff up and run with it.  And sometimes it seems like other people leave out vital information on purpose.  In order for me to learn it, I'm going to have to dig into this even more I guess.  But much respect to all of you who posted, and the help that you've givin me.  My first goal now is to pick out a good chip, and find a reliable place to buy it from.

Will the chip come with everything already loaded inside (linux software) or do I have to load that myself?

dvl

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2003, 01:31:00 PM »

Nosebreaker, I know that there are a lot of people out there that are going to read this and laugh thier ass of at me, but at this point I don't care.  Hell, once I look at back at this thread in a month, I'm sure I'm going to feel very imbarassed.  But I think I also bring something to the table.  I might not have a whole lot be able to add a lot of technical support for mods, but I play the hell out of some games, and I know a lot of people that haven't got a clue of what goes down in the underground seen.  Many of them have no idea of what happen in early July and what is possible with the xbox, or that sites like this exist.  But if you guys are looking for a few mature xbox gamers to help bulster your # of users, I'm sure I can find a couple.  I wish I had more time to dig into the material, and pick your guys brains, but I gotta get outa here.  Again, thanks for the help.

TacoBalls

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2003, 01:35:00 PM »

DVL:

I'd just suggest browsing around some of the forums that are categorized by what you're looking for.  Post in those forums with any new questions you may have.  Let the flamers flame you here all they want.
Pages: [1] 2 3