xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Whats The Point?  (Read 534 times)

froescheD

• Archived User
Whats The Point?
« on: March 31, 2003, 06:09:00 AM »

What exactly is the point in mod-chipping and Xbox console a device which costs a lot of money and then you got and take it apart (invalidating the warranty) and add a chip to run copied games which you term as "backups" well if you all just looked after your games better in the first place you would'nt need to copy them and if you all stopped copying the games in the first place and bought genuine games from you local video games shop then the prices will come down. And what is the point in trying to get Linux to run on the xbox i mean can't you be happy with the console as it is i have got an xbox console myself and are happy with it as it is i have no plans on "chipping it" or trying to hack into it to run Linux. Its only a games console you all no doubt have PC's with which you can dismantle, overclock and hack into to change windows in ways that m$ don't want you to.

LOL

Biteable

• Archived User
Whats The Point?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2003, 06:17:00 AM »

QUOTE (Feck @ Mar 31 2003, 03:03 PM)
What exactly is the point in mod-chipping and Xbox console a device which costs a lot of money and then you got and take it apart (invalidating the warranty) and add a chip to run copied games which you term as "backups" well if you all just looked after your games better in the first place you would'nt need to copy them and if you all stopped copying the games in the first place and bought genuine games from you local video games shop then the prices will come down. And what is the point in trying to get Linux to run on the xbox i mean can't you be happy with the console as it is i have got an xbox console myself and are happy with it as it is i have no plans on "chipping it" or trying to hack into it to run Linux. Its only a games console you all no doubt have PC's with which you can dismantle, overclock and hack into to change windows in ways that m$ don't want you to.

I see Bill Gates has joined the forum then  biggrin.gif

slamer

• Archived User
Whats The Point?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2003, 06:18:00 AM »

QUOTE (Feck @ Mar 31 2003, 04:03 PM)

damn dude, thats deep.

made me think....

We are borned do die... so it dosent matter what you in between. just have fun, is what i say.

if someone gets happy by modding there box, then its fine with me.
if someone gets happy by NOT modding there box, then its fine with me.

What bothers me, are people with no clue, trying to tell people whats wrong or not.

and you my friend are one of them.

froescheD

• Archived User
Whats The Point?
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2003, 06:22:00 AM »

What bothers me, are people with no clue, trying to tell people whats wrong or not.

and you my friend are one of them.

i agree with you --> LET'S KILL THIS DUDE!

biggrin.gif

NRG

• Archived User
Whats The Point?
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2003, 06:30:00 AM »

QUOTE (Feck @ Mar 31 2003, 03:03 PM)

if you dont want to be on boat xbox, go ahead and jump off and sleep with fishs. oh and by the way stfu!

MUTHAPHUQA1999

• Archived User
Whats The Point?
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2003, 06:30:00 AM »

user posted image

MUTHAPHUQA1999

• Archived User
Whats The Point?
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2003, 06:31:00 AM »

user posted image

metallica3512

• Archived User
Whats The Point?
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2003, 06:39:00 AM »

jester.gif  u r a muppet

DUMB

• Archived User
Whats The Point?
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2003, 06:39:00 AM »

YOU MAY THINK YOUR FUNNY BUT YOUR A COMPLETE MORON

TAKE  YOUR WORDS AND YOUR AVATAR AND **** OFF

NRG

• Archived User
Whats The Point?
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2003, 06:43:00 AM »

Should we let him on the boat xbox? or has his ship sailed?

(theme music from jaws)

Feed him to the sharks!

jackster

• Archived User
Whats The Point?
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2003, 07:52:00 AM »

I would have agreed with him a while back, UNTIL I SAW THE EMULATORS!!!
Bomber Jack....ON A X-BOX.
MarioKart 32-bit.....TWO PLAYER....ON A X-BOX
SHadow Dancer....ON A X-BOX
DOUBLE DRAGON....OH YES.
EVERY OTHER RETRO GAME EVER MADE...ON A X-BOX..OH YES.

DUMB

• Archived User
Whats The Point?
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2003, 08:02:00 AM »

His needlees ********  and his avatar made me shake with rage there was no need for him to say that or have that avatar picture what a ******* moron . Hes mocking us and all that we beleave hes laughing at us **** YOU YOU ******* **** HEAD

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
Whats The Point?
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2003, 10:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (Feck @ Mar 31 2003, 02:45 PM)
what i am trying to say is why spend $200 on an xbox just to break it and when it does break no-one can fix it and no-one will fix it so all you can do is throw it in the bin and say to yourself thats $200 down the drain. Are all you mod chippers rich or something? people who can afford to buy a new xbox every other week its nice to own genuine copies of games like spliter cell because you get all the manuals and things and about the emulators big wow they are running on an xbox well if  you go to www.edgeemu.com you can get all these games you mentioned for your PC for free and you don't have to ruin your xbox to play them.

Im yet to break anything on my xbox and i do have several legit copys of games. Manuals can be found all of the net. And by the way, your an idiot and having osama bin ladin as your avatar just makes you more of a fag

HeLiuM

• Archived User
Whats The Point?
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2003, 11:07:00 AM »

QUOTE (Feck @ Mar 31 2003, 07:58 PM)
when you mod chip a console it knackers all the insides up and i have been reading some if the other posts on this forum and they have chipped consoles and they are having trouble running the games well its your own fault for doing it in the first place

youve never modded one yourself. you dont know this.
new chips are very simple to install. asking why people mod their box is like asking why you would overclock your pc. that $200 xbox can be the equivelant of a 4 or 5 hundred dollar linux box. with the possibility of dreamix, the fun of all the emulators, and the functionality of linux that 200 dollar investment is not only safe but multiplied in worth, if you know what you're doing.

r270ba

• Archived User
Whats The Point?
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2003, 11:17:00 AM »

laugh.gif  jester.gif  laugh.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5